A Research Professional Associate position is available as of January 1st, 2011 for one – two years, in the laboratory of Susana R. Marino, MD, PhD, D (ABHI), at the University of Chicago, Department of Pathology.
* A major interest of this laboratory is to investigate the role of natural killer cells and killer cell immunoglobulin like receptors (KIR) in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
* The position is intended for exceptional candidates with an MD, Ph.D., or M.D/PhD in biological sciences, who have excellent graduate training and a record of publications in immunology/ molecular biology /cancer biology.
* Experience in HLA and Immunobiology, natural killer cell and T-cell biology, and molecular biology is highly desired.
* Proficient knowledge of micro-computer word processing, spreadsheet and database software used in scientific research necessary.
* Ability to write and verbalize clear and complete research findings in the English language.
* Evidence of past accomplishments including papers published in English language journals and high quality thesis.
How to Apply
* Interested applicants should email their curriculum vitae, a statement of current and future clinical, academic and research interests, and complete contact information of three references. The applicant must be able to come to Chicago for an interview if invited.
For more information on our program, please visit: http://www.bsd.uchicago.edu.
Susana R. Marino, MD, PhD, D (ABHI)
Transplant Immunology and Immunogenetics Laboratory, Director
Associate Professor, Department of Pathology
University of Chicago Medical Center
5841 S. Maryland Avenue
Chicago, IL firstname.lastname@example.org