Location: Lexington, MA, USA
Yoh has a career enhancing contract opportunity for an experienced Postdoctoral Scientist to join our premiere client in Lexington, MA.
Our client is currently looking for a trained enzymologist to fill a contract position as Postdoctoral Scientist. The selected individual will be part of a collaborative team in a fast-paced organization that is responsible for delivering quality methods to test the activity of protein drugs.
The successful candidate will apply knowledge of bioanalytical methods and enzymology concepts to determine the specific activity and kinetic parameters of enzymes using plate- and LC-based platforms with various detection modes such as pulsed amperometric detection, conductivity, and fluorescence.
- Focus on enzymology and activity assay development.
- Will work independently in a team environment to develop creative and scientifically sound solutions to complex problems.
- Publish findings in peer-reviewed journals and present results in team and department meetings.
- Bioanalytical method development.
- Authoring reports and manuscripts for publication.
- Independent experimental planning and creativity as demonstrated by proposal writing and/or successful implementation of independently conceived ideas.
- Determination of steady-state enzyme kinetic parameters using LC- and/or plate-based assays.
- Design of Experiment (DOE) optimization and/or method qualification to determine method precision and robustness.
- PhD degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, or equivalent experience.
- Familiar with concepts in enzymology and have hands-on experience with bioanalytical methods, including LC- and plate-based assays using various detection platforms to monitor enzyme activity, including but not limited to pulsed amperometric detection, charged aerosol detection, mass spectrometry, fluorimetry, and UV / VIS.
- Experience with proposal writing is preferred.
- Must also be committed to deliver value to the team and the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Discover all that's possible with Yoh. Apply now.
Yoh is a professional staffing provider with over 70 years of experience in the short- and long-term staffing services industry; visit our website to learn both about our company and about our leading staffing solutions.
Deadline: Contact employer