Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Pulmonary Medicine
: Kansas City , KS, United States
The University of Kansas Medical Center is seeking a highly self-motivated, hardworking postdoctoral candidate with molecular, cell biology and/or immunology experience. The project is focused on unraveling the molecular mechanisms involved in vascular dysfunction associated with cardio-pulmonary complications (Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2012 Jun 1; 185(11):1235-1243; Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013 Nov; 33(11):2585-95 ).
- Immunioprecipitation, electrophoresis and Western analysis
- miRNA, siRNA, transfections and Real-Time PCR analysis
- Histological and Biochemical Analysis.
- Active participation in the successful planning, execution, presentation of experiments and preparation of scientific publications
- Hemodynamic analysis and other in-vivo experiments on rats
- Growth and maintenance of primary cell-cultures and cell lines
- Ph.D in Molecular/ Cellular Biology, Biochemistry or Anatomy, Cell biology
- Competence in areas of critical thinking, cell-culture/ technical skills and written/communication skills in English, with prior publication record and ability to work independently and as part of interactive team
- A Ph.D in Biochemistry with a strong background in signal transduction, molecular, cell biology, immunology and cardio/pulmonary organ system
- Self-motivated, hardworking candidate with dedication to do basic research
Qualified applicants should apply for position J0083542 athttps://pa124.peopleadmin.com/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp. Please submit cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three professional references.
The KUMC Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from qualified persons without regard to race, color, citizenship status, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- University of Kansas Medical Center (KUMC)
- Kansas City , KS, United States
- 11 days ago
- June 06, 2015
- Job type
- Postgraduate - Doctorate/PhD
- Employment type
- Job hours