As a Roche postdoctoral fellow (RPF) you will be driving a joint project between Roche Neuroscience and Bioinformatics and Prof. Wyss-Coray’s research group at Stanford University, USA. The aim of this project is to find novel biomarkers for Alzheimer’s disease, by first analyzing a large pre-existing database followed by validation of the findings in biological assays. You will:
- apply biostatistics and bioinformatics on pathway-based analysis of proteomic and GWAS datasets, and associate the findings with brain imaging (MRI, PET) data
- correlate these findings to other published or publicly available datasets
- integrate and consolidate the insight gained at a molecular and systems levels
- organize and pursue the interactions between all partners involved
This position is sponsored by the RPF Program and is initially limited to two years. It is envisioned that the first year will be in Basel and the second year in Palo Alto.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You are flexible, proactive, creative and detail-oriented, and have top teamwork competency but can also work highly independently. You have:
- a recent PhD in quantitative science (biostatistics, bioinformatics, system biology) with a background in biology or biochemistry OR a PhD in biochemistry, molecular or cell biology with biostatistics or bioinformatics knowledge
- thorough knowledge in high dimension data analysis and statistical inference
- experience in handling and analysis of genetic and/or proteomics data
- proficiency in statistical (SAS, R) and programming (C, C++, Perl) language
- prior experience in neurodegenerative disorders would be an asset
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button below.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are currently not able to send an email confirmation once you have completed your application. Please ensure you click “submit” on the summary page of the application process!
Deadline: Contact employer