Who we are
At Roche, 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
The headquarters in Basel is one of Roche’s largest sites, over 8,000 people from approximately 80 countries work at Roche Basel. Favored by its geographic location in the heart of Europe, the Basel area is one of the most dynamic economic regions in Switzerland — a great place to live and work.
As a Roche Postdoctoral Fellow (RPF) you will drive a scientific collaboration between Roche and the lab of Adam Cohen at Harvard University. The mission of this postdoctoral fellowship is to use human induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC) technology, combined with functional voltage, Ca2+, and pH imaging, to develop and implement in vitro disease models to support pre-clinical cardiac drug discovery. This position offers the unique opportunity to gain firsthand insights into stem cell technology applied to the drug discovery process. You will also work on functional imaging technologies in an academic lab at the forefront of these new methods. Your responsibilities will include:
• to investigate pathways/networks underlying cardiac remodeling (e.g. excitation-contraction uncoupling)
• to evaluate the effect of molecules in human cardiomyocyte plasticity and proliferation
• to develop relevant assays (three-dimensional or patterned cell culture, functional 3-D time-lapse imaging, and data analysis tools)
• to gain a deep understanding of the signaling pathways in cardiomyocyte biology
• to work with internal and external collaborators
The position is located at Roche Basel for the first year. The second year will be based at Harvard University.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to join our team in Cardiovascular and Metabolic Discovery. You are someone with excellent scientific and organizational skills, fully committed to team work. Additionally, you are:
• a PhD level scientist with strong scientific background in cardiomyocyte biology
• an expert on techniques in the area of cardiac progenitor cells, in vitro cardiomyocyte differentiation/maturation protocols, high-content imaging, electrophysiology and calcium kinetics analysis
• comfortable with advanced optical microscopy and instrumentation, including aligning lasers, and programming in Matlab and LabView
• experienced with cardiomyocytes, hESCs and hiPSCs
• proactive and committed to innovation
• highly motivated, creative, an analytical thinker and a strongly committed to science
Who to contact
Contact HR Lin Li, Phone +41 61 687 4156
Additional contact information: Work place: 1st year in Basel, 2nd year in Boston
Contact line: R. Iacone, +41 61 687 1783
Job ID: 00406042
The next step is yours. To apply online for this position, click on the “apply” button. You want to learn more about other exciting positions, please visit http://www.jobs.roche.ch.
Deadline: Contact employer