Postdoctoral Fellow : Iowa City, IA, United States
The Yang laboratory at the Fraternal Order of Eagles Diabetes Research Center at the University of Iowa is seeking a motivated, focused and skilled Postdoctoral Fellow. The Yang group is interested in identifying the molecular components of integration between organelle stress responses that are in play in obesity and diabetes at the cellular and organismic levels. Genetic mouse models, cellular and in vivo metabolic analysis, cell culture, cell imaging and biochemistry assays will be used in the project. The University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine is a highly ranked biomedical research institute. The Yang laboratory is located in a state-of-the-art facility that features collaborative atmosphere to foster innovation.
Qualifications: Interested candidates should have obtained a Ph.D. or M.D. degree with a strong background in mouse models, metabolism, molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry. The ideal candidate will have proven talent to work independently with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Solid knowledge in Cell biology, Biochemistry and metabolic diseases;
• Extensive experience working with mammalian cell lines and primary cells (ideally primary hepatocyte culture);
• Extensive experience with sub-clone, viral construction, as well as overexpression/suppression of target gene expression in mouse model;
• Experience with flow cytometry, confocal microscopy and EM;
• Profound experience in mouse metabolic profiling, animal handling, mouse surgeries, tissue dissection.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their current curriculum vitae and contact information for 3 references to Dr. Ling Yang by e-mail at
- University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
- Iowa City, IA, United States
- 3 days ago
- May 01, 2015
- Job type
- Postgraduate - Doctorate/PhD
- Employment type
- Job hours