Postdoc Bioinformatics : Munich, Germany
The Emmy Noether research group “Molecular Endocrinology” of Dr. Henriette Uhlenhaut at the Institute for Diabetes and Obesity of the Helmholtz Center Munich investigates the transcriptional regulation of metabolism by nuclear hormone receptors using a combination of mouse genetic and genomic techniques. The lab is looking for a highly motivated
Postdoc Bioinformatics (2015/2744)
- Working on the ERC-funded project ''Mechanisms of gene silencing by the glucocorticoid receptor''
- Establishing bioinformatic analysis pipelines for NGS data sets (ChIP-Seq,ChIP-exo, ChIA-PET, RNA-Seq etc.)
- Analyzing and integrating genomic data sets in collaboration with fellow biologists and bioinformaticians
- PhD degree in bioinformatics or related sciences
- Previous experience with NGS data sets
- Ability to work in an international team, flexibility, innovative and creative thinking
- Interest and ambition to make a significant contribution to the study of ‘cis-regulatory elements’
- Working in an innovative, well-equipped and scientifically stimulating surrounding
- Further training opportunities and career development structures
- Initial short-term employment contract for two years with a standard public service salary (TV EntgO Bund EG 13)
As German Research Center for Environmental Health, Helmholtz Zentrum München pursues the goal of developing personalized medical approaches for the prevention and therapy of major common diseases such as diabetes mellitus and lung diseases. Helmholtz Zentrum München is a member of the Helmholtz Association, Germany's largest scientific organization.
The Helmholtz Zentrum München is striving to increase the overall proportion of women on its staff and thus expressly urges qualified women to apply. Severely disabled applicants are given preferential consideration in the event of equal qualification.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application.
Dr. Henriette Uhlenhaut
Helmholtz Zentrum München
German Research Center for Environmental Health (GmbH)
Institute for Diabetes and Obesity
Parkring 13, D-85748 Garching, Germany…
- Helmholtz Zentrum München
- Munich, Germany
- 2 days ago
- July 20, 2015
- Job type
- Postgraduate - Doctorate/PhD
- Employment type
- Job hours