Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $1 billion in annual revenues and 13,000 employees across 170 sites in 35 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Bioinformatics Post Doc to support our Professional Scientific Staffing group in Richmond, VA.
Bioinformatics Post Doc responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Work along with the Biotechnology group to explore the molecular genetics and regulatory changes in tobacco germplasm and during tobacco production and fermentation processes
• Explore microbial and enzymatic changes during fermentation and other processes
• Initiate and conduct research experiments independently
• Apply bioinformatics and molecular genetic computation techniques to meet demanding project goals
• Communicate effectively with colleagues under collaborative environment
The ideal candidate would possess:
• Extensive experience in bioinformatics and molecular genome analysis
• Knowledge in plant/microbial genetics and metabolic pathway analysis and proteomics
• Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
• Doctorate degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, or Bioinformatics or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Richmond, Virginia are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Contact: Brian Geiger
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Inc.
2425 New Holland Pike
Lancaster , PA 17601
Deadline: Contact employer