DIRECTORATE OF OILSEEDS RESEARCH
(Indian Council of Agricultural Research)
RAJENDRANAGAR, HYDERABAD-500 030
WALK IN INTERVIEW
Walk in Interview has been fixed on 18th July, 2012 at 10.00 AM at Directorate of Oilseeds Research, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad-500 030 to fill up the temporary posts of Research Associate and Senior Research Fellows under two projects:
i) NFBSFARA funded project “Deciphering molecular mechanism of induction of biotic stress tolerance by Trichoderma spp. in castor (Ricinus communis L.)” and ii) NAIP funded project namely “Study of the effect of abiotic stresses on the natural enemies of crop pests, Trichogramma, Chrysoperla, Trichoderma and Pseudomonas and mechanism of tolerance to these stresses. The requirement and other terms and conditions for the project posts are as under:
i) NFBSFARA funded project “Deciphering molecular mechanism of induction of biotic stress tolerance by Trichoderma spp. in castor (Ricinus communis L.)”
Ph.D. Degree in Plant Pathology/Molecular Biology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Microbiology/ Genetics/Life Sciences. OR
M.Sc Degree in Plant Pathology/Molecular Biology/Biotechnology/ Microbiology/Life Sciences with at least two years of research work experience in molecular biology, biotechnology and microbiology techniques as evidenced from fellowship/ Associateship / Training/ other engagement.
Published research papers will be desirable
Experience in qPCR micro array analysis, gene expression studies, cloning and other basic molecular biology and microbiology techniques.
Rs.23000/- pm plus HRA for Master Degree Holders & Rs.24000/- pm plus HRA for Doctoral Degree Holders.
Senior Research Fellow – One
Must have finished M Sc. Degree in Plant Pathology/Molecular Biology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Microbiology/Life Sciences with research work experience in Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology & Microbiology techniques.
Working experience with Trichoderma spp. Induced systemic resistance.
Rs.16000/- pm plus HRA for 1st & 2nd year & Rs.18000/- pm plus HRA for 3rd
03 NAIP funded project namely “Study of the effect of abiotic stresses on the natural enemies of crop pests, Trichogramma, Chrysoperla, Trichoderma, Pseudomonas and mechanism of tolerance to these stresses).
Senior Research Fellows –Two
M.Sc. (Biotechnology/Plant Pathology/Agricultural. Entomology/ Microbiology)
2-3 years experience in bacterial and fungal culturing and maintenance, RT-CR, cloning and transformation, basic bioinformatics, microarray and proteomics analysis is preferred
1. The age limit for Research Associates/Senior Research Fellows as under:-
2. For Research Associates : 40 years for men and 45 years for women/ For Senior Research Fellow : 35 years for men and 40 years for women (Relaxation in age as per Govt. norms).
3. The applicant must bring with them Original Certificates and a brief bio-data with a set of Xerox copies of certificates.
4. The above positions are purely temporary basis and are coterminous with the projects.
5. The initial offer will be for a period of six months at the first instance, extendable up the end of the project subject to satisfactory performance.
6. No TA and DA will be paid to attend the interview.
7. If the number of candidates meeting the job requirement exceeds 15 there will be a preliminary written examination for screening purpose and only the qualifying candidates will be considered for the interview.
8. The Project Director’s decision will be final and binding in all aspects.
Deadline: 18th July, 2012