Celgene seeks an exceptionally talented individual to accelerate our initiatives in biomedicine and analytics. We currently utilize informatics tools in drug discovery and development in order to interpret data in a clinical setting. We wish to develop additional informatics strategies to maximize the value and impact of multidisciplinary approaches and evidence-based decision making. Such research will utilize data visualization, data mining, natural language processing and predictive modeling to support predictive safety and personalized healthcare initiatives in clinical drug development through specialty analytics.
This position will utilize bioinformatics, computational biology, real-world evidence and informatics-driven analytics to support predictive safety and personalized healthcare initiatives in clinical drug development. The successful candidate will additionally provide assistance to Celgene teams in epidemiology, health economics and outcome research, as well as marketing and comparative effectiveness.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate within the Development organization with diverse projects to create strategies for the application of computational biology and informatics tools and expertise,
- Provide support of Celgene business teams in epidemiology, health economics and outcome research,
- Define project objectives and goals, time-lines and milestones and identify resource requirements and its allocation.
- 10+ years working in in biopharmaceutical industry, with demonstrated experience in leading pharma teams addressing business problems in Epidemiology, Health Economics and Outcome Research, Informatics, Patient Safety, and Commercial
- Computational biology or computational statistics backgrounds with an M.D. or Ph.D., including strong background in analytics, including data visualization, data mining, NLP, and predictive modeling,
- Recognized publication record in research,
- Ability to work with scientists from multiple disciplines. Excellent communication skills with project leaders and management,
- Managerial experience with direct functional reports, ability to operate effectively in multi-faceted team environments, develop effective relationships, establish priorities and execute effectively.
- Ability to develop and sustain effective relationships at senior levels of corporate research.
Req ID: 13000310
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Summit
Job: Research and Development
Organization: Celgene Corporation
Employee Status: Director
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: 2013-11-01 00:00:00.0
Deadline: December 08, 2013