Inside Sales Representative (Life Science Research Products)
Illumina, Inc. Essex, UK
Full Time / Permanent
Are you a commercially-minded scientist who is looking for a role outside the lab?
Do you enjoy the atmosphere of working in a high-tech industry, but don’t see yourself at the bench?
Illumina are the global leader in next generation sequencing technology whose products, reagents and software are found in academic and industrial labs across the world. With such a diverse client base, Illumina needs a dedicated field sales team working across key geographic areas. The role of Sales Support Representative forms a key part of this function by providing direct administration, reporting and phone-based sales support.
The Sales Support Representative 1 provides administrative sales support to Illumina’s global sales team to improve the productivity, effectiveness, efficiency, ROI and job satisfaction of Illumina sales reps and managers.
Tasks and Responsibilities (may include one or more of the following functions):
• Quoting support
• CRM database audits & maintenance
• Sales analytics & reporting assistance
• Sales administration process improvement projects
• Beta testing and providing feedback on pre-launch sales admin tools
• General sales administration and support functions for Illumina sales reps and managers.
Preferred Educational Background:
Due to the technical nature of the products a BSc in Life Sciences would be useful, although candidates that can demonstrate sales/customer support experience in a related market (life science reagents, medical devices, laboratory instrumentation etc) will be considered.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
• Ideally have some commercial exposure to demonstrate and aptitude in this area – this should be in a customer-facing and sales/marketing-based setting.
• Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills – particularly phone mannerism
• Be a people person, happy to work well multiple departments to execute mutually beneficial solutions.
This role would really suit an outgoing graduate, who has had some commercial exposure, and has decided that commercial-science is the career choice for them. Illumina offer a fantastic working environment, with the best equipment and support services to help you succeed.
Deadline: Contact employer