http://www.hirelifescience.com/seeker_jobs.aspx?jobsID=430709&jobtitle=Genomics Account Manager
Join the fast-paced, high energy Genomics team in Agilent's Life Sciences Group. The market for Agilent's Genomics products continues to enjoy significant growth through the invention, development and launch of high value products associated with technology platforms such as microarrays, Next Generation Sequencing (with Agilent's SureSelect Target Enrichment System), Quantitative PCR, PCR and molecular biology reagents.
In a direct sales role as a Genomics Account Manager you will be responsible for driving sales of Agilent Technologies' line of microarray, target enrichment for next-generation sequencing, lab-on-a-chip (BioAnalyzer), qPCR/PCR, bioreagents and bioinformatics products within the territory. As an integral member of the field sales team you will use your excellent technical sales track record to focus on acquiring new customers while retaining and growing the existing installed base of customers. As an Account Manager you will be expected to develop and implement successful strategies and tactics to sell complex Genomic solutions within this highly competitive marketplace.
- Driving sales of high performance Genomic products and services in a defined territory.
- Effectively prospect to find and close new opportunities in existing and new accounts.
- Develop and maintain strategic buying relationships with customers.
- Conduct presentations and product usage demos with and without Field Application Engineer assistance.
- Focus on strategic products applications (including SureSelect, CGH, CNV, expression, bioreagents, qPCR/PCR) and solutions in strategic accounts
- Contribute to developing effective strategies and tactics that will enable Agilent to gain market share.
- Provide constructive feedback from customers into Agilent to help guide continual development of products that more effectively address customer needs.
- Participate and be an active member in regional discussion groups and forums.
- Understand Genomics in the government, not for profit and pharmaceutical industry and recognize trends that impact buying of Agilent products
- Represent Agilent to the customer AND the customer to the company.
Minimum BS/MS in a Life Sciences discipline, chemistry, or equivalent.
- Solid self-management, organizational and prioritization skills
- 5+ years related direct life science product sales experience with a demonstrated track record of successfully selling against a quota.
- Experience with microarray, next-gen sequencing, PCR and QPCR strongly desired.
- Knowledge of NGS workflows a requirement.
- Ability to work within a team selling environment.
- Ability to interface at all levels within an organization for both internal/external customers.
- Demonstrated commercial selling skills. Strong business development and sales closing skills.
- Effective interpersonal communication and telephone sales skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
Preferred location: Illinois (Chicago), Wisconsin, Minnesota
Agilent is an equal opportunity employer.