Human Resource (HR) Function provides an integrated talent management system that Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
The global delivers a workforce that is Corning's competitive differentiator in the global marketplace.
HR provides service offerings that align solutions to business challenges by ensuring the programs are Effective, Efficient, Global, Scaleable, and Repeatable. Corning’s Values are operationalized by the HR Function through the facilitation of Talent Management offerings, as well as programs and processes that aid in making Corning’s Values visible.
• Ensures each plant has the right number and type of talent required to execute plant strategy and achieve desired business results
• Ensures each plant realizes required levels of employee productivity and performance excellence required to execute plant strategy and achieve desired business results
• Ensures each plant establishes and maintains a positive work environment and operates as “One Corning" in support of Corning’s Values;
• Achieves or beats plant budgetary objectives in support of top quartile cost performance objectives while maintaining appropriate levels of HR service delivery
• Ensures the successful implementation of global HR business processes within the plant
• Ensures plant compliance with HR-related legal and regulatory guidelines
• Collaborates with Division Mfg. HR Manager to prioritize current and future talent requirements of both plants which could adversely affect achievement of annual business objectives
• Takes actions required to address key talent gaps, ensuring each plant has the right people in the right place at the right time
• Coordinates with Division Manufacturing HR Manager and partners with each plant management to identify and implement targeted division, plant, and individual development plans that address targeted talent gaps in a timely manner
• Partners with Division Manufacturing HR and each plant management to identify and implement a compelling employee value proposition that enables the client to attract and retain the number and type of talent required to close talent gaps
• Supports each plant management in effectively deploying performance management and rewards processes/practices to drive required levels of employee accountability for desired performance results and ensure retention of top performers
• Effectively deploys HR shared service delivery model in support of HR transformational goals and required levels of client support
• Collaborates closely with Division Manufacturing HR to understand and implement HR programs that drive standardization across the division while ensuring each plant business needs are met
• Functions as the voice of each plant customer to HR to ensure that the type and level of services provided fully support achievement of each plant business objectives
• Educates each plant management in development and implementation of required programs and processes to drive a positive work environment through each plant management and supervisors
• Resolves employee relations issues in a fair and consistent manner that recognizes employee needs and protects the needs of each plant to operate in an effective and efficient manner
• Establishes and maintains a presence on each plant floor to keep a read on the pulse of the organization
• Implements appropriate risk management policies and procedures to ensure each plants’ compliance with safety requirements and local, state, and federal employment laws in conjunction with each plant staff.
• Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development or Labor Relations
• At least 5 years of HR experience (generalist/specialist) or equivalent
• Successful track record of performance in plant HR specialist role (Plant #2 role)
• Successful track record in the deployment of global HR business processes or programs
• Strong Communication skills at all levels
• Knowledge of California employment laws and policies
• Proficient in verbal and written English language skills
• Can function effectively in an English as a Second Language (ESL) environment
• Travel required 25%
• Master’s degree in related area and/or HR certifications (SPHR)
• First line supervision/experience
• Experience or training in quality/safety management
• E Greenbelt certification
• Work experience (assignment/project participation) in aligning plant leadership around organization direction, design, and governance/decision rights
• Work experience in designing and implementing effective organization structures and work processes that improve plant ability to achieve desired results— product start up, expansion, or mature business optimization
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.