INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY KHARAGPUR
Advertisement No.: R/ 04 12012
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, an Institute of national importance and is the first and largest in the chain of IITs engaged in teaching, research and development requires high quality manpower. The Institute invites application from Indian nationals, possessing excellent academic background, commitment to quality teaching and potential for carrying out outstanding research for the following Departments / Centres / Schools:
i) Aerospace Engineering; ii) Agricultural and Food Engineering; iii) Architecture and Regional Planning; iv) Biotechnology; v) Chemical Engineering; vi) Chemistry; vii) Civil Engineering; viii) Computer Science and Engineering; ix) Electrical Engineering; x) Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering;
xi) Geology and Geophysics; xii) Humanities and Social Sciences; xiii) Industrial Engineering and Management; xiv) Mathematics; xv) Mechanical Engineering; xvi) Metallurgical and Materials Engineering; xvii) Mining Engineering; xviii) Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture; xix) Physics and Meteorology.
i) Advanced Technology Development; ii) Educational Technology; iii) Oceans, Rivers, Atmosphere and Land Sciences; iv) Cryogenic Engineering; v) Materials Science; vi) P.K. Sinha Centre for Bio-Energy; vii) Reliability Engineering; viii) Rubber Technology; ix) Rural Development.
i) G. S. Sanyal School of Telecommunications; ii) Rajendra Mishra School of Engineering Entrepreneurship; iii) Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law; iv) Information Technology; v) Ranbir & Chitra Gupta School of Infrastructure Design and Management; vi) Medical Science and Technology; vii) Water Resources; viii) Vinod Gupta School of Management.
Posts: Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor
Qualifications for the Post: Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout.
Experience for the Posts:
Professor: A minimum of 10 years' teaching / research / industrial experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such other Indian or foreign institution(s) of comparable standards.
Associate Professor: A minimum of 6 years teaching / research / industrial experience, of which at least 3 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or in any such other Indian or foreign institution(s) of comparable standards.
Assistant Professor: At least 3 years teaching / research / industrial experience, excluding however, the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
Candidates with less than 3 years experience may be put on Tenure Track for the regular post of Assistant Professor.
Reservation: Without any compromise on qualification, experience and competence, reservation as per Government of India rules is applicable.
Accommodation: Suitable residential accommodation as per rules will be provided in the Campus of the Institute on joining the Institute.
Academic reimbursements and other incentives:
a) Initial grant up to a maximum limit of ~ 5 lakhs for carrying out research projects.
b) A cumulative Professional Development Allowance of ~ 3.0 lakhs for every block period of 3 years (Rupees one lakh per year) may be made available to every member of the faculty on reimbursable basis to meet the expenses for participating in both national and international conferences, paying the membership fee of various professional bodies and contingent expenses.
c) An additional amount of ~ 50,000/- is given from the SRIC fund to the faculty member who is the Principal Investigator of a Project amounting to at least ~ 15,00,000/- and has at least three Published Papers in referred journals in the preceding three years.
d) Reimbursement of relocation charges within India / abroad of upto ~ 90,000/- to the faculty members at the time of their joining.
e) Interest free soft advance of ~ 50,000/- to the newly recruited faculty members.
f) Honorarium of ~ 15,000/- per month to the faculty members who have obtained Bhatnagar Award OR who are fellows of at least two National Academies.
• Minimum requirement of experience may be relaxed in respect of outstanding candidates.
• Degree as referred above should have been awarded by a recognized University / Institute.
• Mere eligibility will not vest any right on any candidate for being called for interview. The decision of the Institute in all matters will be final. No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates in connection with the process of selection / interview.
• The Institute reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates for interview after shortlisting with reference to the candidate's qualification, suitability, experience, requirement, etc.
• Ph.D. qualification has been waived in case of recruitment of faculty at the entry level (ASSistant Professor) for the Department of Architecture & Regional Planning, Doctors for School of Medical Science & Technology and Lawyers for Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law.
• The candidates should be preferably below 35 years of age for the post of Assistant Professor.
• The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the posts advertised.
• Persons employed in Government Organizations / QuaSi Government Organizations should submit their application through proper channel.
• Canvassing in any manner would entail disqualification of the candidature.
• Any dispute with regard to the selection / recruitment process will be subject to Courts / Tribunals having jurisdiction over Kolkata.
Candidates possessing requisite qualification & experience are required to apply online (www.iitkgp.ac.in) on or before 20.04.2012 and send a signed hardcopy print out of online application to "Assistant Registrar, E-III, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur-721302, WB, India". Unless the hardcopy is received, the
application will not be considered.
For any other details please contact Assistant Registrar, E-III, Phone: 03222-282128/282135/282137, Fax: 03222-282020, Email: eval(unescape('%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%61%73%72%65%67%72%65%40%61%64%6d%2e%69%69%74%6b%67%70%2e%65%72%6e%65%74%2e%69%6e%22%3e%61%73%72%65%67%72%65%40%61%64%6d%2e%69%69%74%6b%67%70%2e%65%72%6e%65%74%2e%69%6e%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b'))
If any problem encountered with online application, please contact through phone: +91-3222-281017/19.
Candidates may also contact the Heads of the various Departments / Centres / Schools. Their address, phone numbers and email are available on Institute webpage.