Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Scope of Position:
• The responsibility of a Supply Chain Intern is to learn and apply SCM best practices and processes to a given project for the Concord plant. The intern will learn and support overall production and supply chain strategies and processes through work assignments.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• To apply supply chain skills and knowledge to their assigned project or projects. The candidate should be able to utilize and build on solid supply chain fundamentals to complete assignments.
Travel Requirement: Limited US travel
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40 hrs. / Week Mon – Fri Core Hours
Required Education: Pursuing a degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
• MS Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
• Ability to comprehend, analyze, and solve complex problems
• Ability to work independently in a dynamic business and manufacturing environment
• SAP knowledge and experience
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
• Project planning
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Adaptable and flexible
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.