Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Responsibility for operation of Stores Department:
• Management of inventory risk assessment for parts
• Management of inventory values(total dollars, obsolescence, slow moving, write offs)
• Cost reduction projects
• Management of raw materials/packaging inventory and ordering
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Supervision of department personnel, including task and people scheduling, performance reviews, timecard approval, safe work practices, professional and career development, financial management, and certification.
• Directly or indirectly supervises all personnel engaged in the management of plant storeroom and raw materials inventory. Responsible for meeting or exceeding customer service objectives, cycle count accuracy, Supplier OTP%, Stock-outs, and Inventory Turns
• Responsible for insuring 100% Source Audit Compliance.
• Responsible for SOP adherence and maintenance of PIMS procedures and documentation.
• Responsible for counseling, advising, and encouraging subordinates relative to career development
• Determines personnel level (i.e. staffing requirements)
• Responsible for housekeeping and area safety procedures.
• Responsible for Material Handlers and Hazardous waste management compliance with ISO.
• Routine participation in department ware flow discussions and decisions to maximize throughput and minimize ware in process.
• Monitors and communicates non-valued inventory levels, insuring that we comply with established guidelines.
• Insures that the disciplinary process is administered fairly to both employees and the company.
• Responsible for overseeing all storeroom activities: replenishments, receiving, shipping, maintenance of all warehouse equipment and systems.
• Daily and weekly operational plans regarding delivery of materials, paperwork, and releasing of shipments to the warehouse.
• Long term operational plans regarding scheduling of personnel to meet customer demand.
• Coordinate training and certification of new personnel as well as existing personnel to meet department standards.
• Identify and implement programs to improve performance and output; specifically in the areas of documentation, training, maintenance, and support of all warehouse operations and equipment.
• Identify and implement programs that insure appropriate department capacity for future growth of the business.
• Identify and implement programs to improve customer satisfaction, specifically in the areas of packaging and inventory quality issues.
Required Education (minimum required for consideration):
• B.A. /B.S. Business or Technical degree
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• Min of 2-3 years prior manufacturing experience and proven success as a supervisor.
• Stores experience a plus.
• Frontline supervisory or team leader experience in a plant manufacturing environment, has demonstrated capability to hold people and teams accountable to process control and discipline.
• Experience with leading teams and projects to meet significant continuous improvement goals, cost reduction or performance improvement initiatives.
• Experience and understanding of process management systems, process control and discipline techniques.
• Training and understanding of cost accounting and managing for profitability.
• Experienced in fundamentals of safety and health.
• Experience with Storeroom MRO ordering, receiving, management.
• Experience in a process engineering role, capable to perform in-depth analysis to solve complex problems or experience in a supply chain role, demonstrating capability and understanding of management of supply streams
• Exposure to launching and ramping new products into manufacturing.
• Exposure to negotiating new parts procurement and integration into manufacturing.
• Trained and experienced in supervisory effectiveness, conflict resolution and effective listening skills
• Must be a problem solver.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.