Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems. Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
The global Finance Function acts as a proactive business partner, advising and making recommendations based upon financial projections and historical performance. Finance also provides financial expertise companywide and ensures accurate and efficient transaction processing.
• Using advanced modeling tools, the Sr. Analyst, will provide objective and insightful analysis to Senior Management to inform their financial decision making processes. The individual must possess deep skill in the application of quantitative methods to solve complex business problems. Some of the most commonly used tools include regression analysis, linear programming, factor analysis and data mining. The candidate should also have an interest in capital markets including derivatives (rates, commodities and equities) to support the treasury’s organization and its risk management activities.
• The individual will have frequent interaction with members of Corning’s executive leadership team.
• The selected individual will develop and maintain econometric and statistical models as applied to finance. The individual must be have deep skill developing linear and multivariate time series models, volatility models, efficient portfolios and CAPM, multifactor pricing models, present value models, simulation, as well as risk assessment methods to support financial derivatives. The ideal candidate will also have a strong interest in conducting comparative business performance analysis using such tools as Fact set, CapIQ, etc.
• The candidate must have prior experience working with MATLAB and Mathematical. Knowledge of other advanced analytic tools e.g. data mining and visualization tools would be a plus. Strong written and oral communication skills combined with ability to simplify complex mathematical concepts and translate these matters to operational actions.
• Advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or a related academic curriculum
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• Ideally 2-4 years’ experience in a quantitative modeling capacity, but will consider a recent university graduate that meets the education requirements
Travel Requirements: 0 – 5%
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.