Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Purpose of Position:
• Enable an efficient and effective sales organization through relentless cross-functional collaboration and implementation of process improvements.
• Help drive business decisions through strong performance and pipeline Analysis
• Drive SFDC/TAS roadmap and act as primary IT point of contact for enhancements
• Provide regional sales managers with tools and trainings to enhance field sales performance
• Gather feedback from sales team, monitor industry best practices in the area of sales effectiveness to proactively propose improvements and avoid corrupted selling time.
• Coordinate and help sales team drive the opportunity pipeline and commercial forecast
• Capture, analyze and report on key sales and marketing info to help drive effective business decisions
• Drive knowledge management initiatives to support sales teams efficiency
• Together with HR insure consistency of L&D curriculum and on-boarding process for commercial
• Act as liaison between Sales, PLM, SCM on forecast and demand management issues.
• Drive VOC Tool deployment
List the 2 most complex decisions indicative of this function and its impact to the function, department and/or corporation:
2 critical components of this position are to develop a strong partnership with sales executives to drive best practices adoption in the sales organization and insure the development and leverage of sales enablement tools.
Significant Links with other Parts of the Organization:
• Sales Executives and sales teams
• PLM, SCM
• 4 direct reports in NAFTA and EMEA regions
• 2 dotted line reports in CALA and APAC regions
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Proven ability to drive and manage people and projects in a fast-paced environment
• SFDC and TAS expertise is a must
• Sales methodology knowledge
• Proficient in use of Performance Excellence tools
• Project management skills
• Teaching capabilities
• Excellent coordination skills
• Ability and desire to challenge status quo with overriding objective to deliver increased value to internal customers
• Strong communication, analytical and strategic thinking skills
• Natural facilitation and collaboration skills including demonstrated sensitivity to functional and regional dynamics, and effectiveness working in different cultures and operating models
• MBA preferred
• 5-10 years’ experience in similar position