Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Purpose of the Position:
The Inside Plant Sales Development Specialist Representative supports Inside Plant Sales, Business Development, and Marketing teams. This includes functions like target account mapping, organization mapping, influence mapping, uncovering new opportunities, assisting in closing key opportunities, leading targeted marketing campaigns, lead nurturing, and special marketing project as assigned.
Success is measured by:
• The ability to meet or exceed delivery of key projects and/or monthly sales targets and lead generation/nurturing goals
• Internal ‘customer’ satisfaction on quality of work, support, engagement, and connectivity to the extended team
• External customer satisfaction – conveying the highest level of professional behavior to fulfill all customer expectations of Corning as a World Class Supplier.
Reports directly to Director of Growth Marketing
• Provide strategic account planning support at key targets – including account mapping, insight mapping, and organization mapping in conjunction with the sales/marketing teams
• Meet or exceed sales target for Inside Plant accounts as defined by the Director of Growth Marketing
• Directly support marketing, market development, and business development managers, to achieve and exceed annual quota and objectives for key accounts.
• Generate, follow-up and promote leads and sales through regular telephone contact with distributor sales representatives, consultants, contractors, engineering firms, field sales and end-users. Translate leads into sales opportunities to Growth targets.
• Investigate and uncover opportunities with potential new customers. Mainly consist of structured first or second contact, based on a call plan, to qualify the opportunity potential with new customers documenting in CRM tool.
• Engage and coordinate the services of Business Operations, Marketing, PLM, Quotes, Customer Service, and the Sales Engineer as appropriate to eliminate roadblocks or to further progress on key projects.
• Maintain and update a 30/60/90 day plan for secondary and tertiary accounts. Report and track all data via CRM tool.
• Directly support key distribution channel partners to maintain, Grow and identify new and existing opportunities. Grow through new leads/opportunities, new customers, increased share-of-wallet at existing customers. Build relationships with channel partners to stay connected to opportunities and market dynamics.
• For high profile projects, provide support to the sales engineer in uncovering key decision-makers and influencers who have roles within the project sales cycle. This includes active management of the contact tree and assisting field sales with maintaining information in systems.
• Provide sales, marketing and product managers with newly identified leads and product opportunities and assist with determining the estimated business potential. Gather and communicate competitive information obtained from all sources to specific managers.
• Maintain positive customer relationships.
• Maintain a comprehensive understanding of Corning Optical Communications’ products and their applications.
Travel Requirements: <15%
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40 hours
Education and Experience:
• BS/BA or equivalent degree or experience
• Four (4) years of sales, customer service, marketing or engineering experience
• Basic knowledge of Optical Communications’ Inside Plant applications preferred
• Proven interpersonal skills
• Must possess strong initiative and resiliency
• Proven organizational and time management skills
• Competency in SalesForce.com, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Cold calling skills
• Strategic account planning skills
• Willingness to relocate
• Must be willing to travel up to 15%.
• Flexible and extended work hours may be required
• In-depth knowledge of Optical Communications Inside Plant Applications
• Experience with distribution channels
• Understanding of the Enterprise, Telco, and CATV markets