Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Drive the development and implementation of occupational safety and health programs and practices that protect the safety and health of employees, contractors and visitors at identified sites within the Americas region. Determine priority and need for activities/projects within and across sites to mitigate risk. Develop and deploy a roadmap and plan that ensures alignment with corporate safety strategy & standards and consistent application of programs across the sites.
• Assess status of program development and implementation against corporate requirements and identify gaps and actions to close the gaps
• Develop, prioritize and implement corrective action plans to address identified gaps and risks, ensuring adequate local resources identified and assigned to take action
• Track, analyze and report performance against established metrics. Use collected data to identify division or site-wide issues, develop solutions and drive implementation. Provide periodic updates on progress.
• Develop and deliver training on OSH programs and expected actions to local leadership and employees
• Identify and provide local tools, resources and training in order to implement OSH program requirements. Fully utilize corporate-wide reporting tools (e.g. incident reporting)
• Maintain detailed, specialist knowledge of occupational safety and health legislation via continuous professional development through education, training, conferences and research
• Monitor development of current leading practices via professional literature and conduct informal and formal benchmarking via attendance at meetings or conferences of safety professionals from across industry
• Engage site leadership to facilitate their authentic involvement in sponsoring and driving safety initiatives to improve safety performance and towards an interdependent culture
• Maintain alignment with corporate strategy, standards and initiatives.
• Minimum BS preferred – Safety Engineering or science subject; ideally a Certified Safety Professional or equivalent
• Demonstrated manufacturing experience in developing and deploying Safety Strategy and associated tactical plans to deliver targeted results for over 5 years
• Experience in leading change via influence and negotiation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ideally executive presentation skills
• Demonstrated project management skills, ideally PEx green belt trained
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.