Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
The Global Supply Management (GSM) Function is recognized as a critical function for business success. It delivers the training, tools and opportunities needed to create innovative solutions for the function & the corporation. GSM has leading edge, effective processes to anticipate and exceed customer requirements.
Scope of Position:
• Responsible for execution of procurement strategies to manage sourcing of products and services while continuously identifying and implementing opportunities to lower total cost of ownership and mitigate risk.
• Responsible for all Sources to pay activities required for procuring quality products and services (on-time and best practice). Primary focus areas include procurement of indirect products and services, supplier management, and process support for the Corning Optical Communications commercial office in Hickory, NC.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Champions and ensures compliance with the Global Buying Policy (GBP) along with utilization of standard Global Supply Management (GSM) process and tools.
o Promote and proliferate appropriate utilization of procurement tools (E-procurement / e-sourcing, requisitions, and purchase orders, etc.)
• Assures Contributions Metrics are updated and linked with the site / business cost reduction portfolio
• Key player for negotiations with suppliers (including contract administration)
o Facilitates the competitive quote process by receiving and verifying completion of Scope of Work (SOW) document in accordance with policy. Prepares and solicits competitive bids / quotations / proposals with pertinent specifications, terms, and conditions.
• Manage suppliers, consultants, etc. and interfaces with appropriate departments to ensure delivery of quality materials, components, equipment, and services while ensuring assurance of supply and best cost position scenarios.
• Creates and maintains contractual documents (Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA), Certificates of Insurance (COI), supply and pricing agreements, etc.)
• Responsible for all Vendor Add / Maintenance requirements and timely resolution / elimination of invoicing issues
• Participates as active member of cross-functional process improvement teams and projects (as assigned)
• Serves as primary back-up for procurement support for Corning Optical Communications Technology and Engineering Groups in Hickory, NC
• Supports the Supplier Diversity Manager with program management objectives and program performance enhancements
• Responsible for providing timely and accurate Supplier Diversity reports to customer base
• Manage, track, and report Supplier Diversity performance against targets and objectives
• Assists in the on-going support and mentoring of business and functional personnel relative to Supplier Diversity program requirements and opportunities
• Participates in supplier outreach efforts
• Minimal travel required. Travel to Corning locations and supplier sites for site audits, quality resolution, price negotiations, supplier business reviews, supplier development, or project coordination. Travel may also include travel associated with supplier diversity program outreach and training and development.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• Standard office hours - 8:00 - 5:00 Monday - Friday
• Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business or technical field
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• 3 years procurement, supply chain or equivalent experience with proven track record
• Strong analytical abilities with attention to detail
• Demonstrated decision making, influencing, and conflict management / problem solving skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, throughout all levels of the organization and externally
• Solidy organizational and time management skills
• Contracting (negotiation, writing, and management)
• General computer skills, including Excel and PowerPoint
• Institute for Supply Management (ISM) or APICs certification, CPSM, C.P.M., A.P.P., CPIM, CSCP, etc.
• Project management experience
• SAP procurement experience
• Acts with integrity and authenticity
• Results oriented, self-motivated
• Effective team player
• Strong Customer Focus
• Interpersonal Skills - Able to interact with others in a team environment. Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated Drive and Commitment
• Confident and Adaptable
• Values Diversity in People and Ideas
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.