Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Scope of Position:
• Design and development of customer applications for microwave product line
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Interact with customers to design microwave solutions to complex problems
• Design/draft prototype drawings from customer information
• Develop technical solutions in collaboration with customer engineers to specify Corning Gilbert as a source
• Assist customers in troubleshooting applications issues
• Some travel to customer locations
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• Regular sales engineer/office hours – occasional extended hours may be required
Role within group:
• Acts as the front line subject matter expert for microwave products for customer facing opportunities.
• Interacts with commercial sales, PLM, and /or customers to translate customer needs into high level design requirements.
• In the event that new designs are required, this individual helps to integrate these design requirements from high level requirements to detailed requirements for manufacturability.
• Close interaction with internal Technology and Manufacturing teams to coordinate part design reviews to ensure design guidelines and design for manufacturability are met.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• 3-5 years’ experience in a technical engineering role
• Technical knowledge of microwave connector design
• Technical sales
• Technical design and drawing from customer idea to proto type – AutoCAD or equivalent
• Customer service
• Mechanical and microwave theory
• Customer Service Orientation – highly responsive
• Collaborative work style
• Ability to get detailed product information from a variety of sources
• Self-starter with ability to deliver results
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.