Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Life Sciences brings new and innovative laboratory tools to researchers. Our core technical competencies include polymer science, biochemistry and molecular biology, glass melting and forming, surface modification, and characterization science. As part of Corning Incorporated, we are a world leader in specialty glass and have a 150-year tradition of innovation.
We are committed to meeting customers’ unique and changing needs with original solutions for today’s emerging life sciences technologies. Our dedication to quality, technology and innovation has enabled us to produce the world’s most comprehensive line of laboratory tools for life science research. Corning Life Sciences also offers custom capabilities such as special packaging, bar coding, and printed lot numbers, to meet specific customer requirements
To know more about Corning Life Sciences, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/life_sciences.aspx
Scope of Position:
• An Account Manager is responsible for managing the marketing communications (marcom) campaigns for specified business segments.
Routine tasks include:
• Writing, editing, and proofreading sales collateral, emails, and other marcom materials.
• Meeting with (internal) clients to discuss their marcom needs
• Devising campaigns that meet the client's brief and budget
• Raising projects with Marcom Project Supervisor
• Briefing the creative team who will produce the communications
• Presenting campaign ideas and costs to clients
• Tracking and reporting on the campaign's progress
• Tracking project spending and handling invoicing, as necessary
• Supporting internal clients in the development of annual Commercial Plans, including recommendation of new Marcom ideas and strategic use of E.Marketing tools.
• Trade Show Messaging and Communications
• Coordinate the planning, budgeting and execution of tradeshows with Corporate Tradeshow and Events group
• Attend planning meetings for tradeshows relevant to the business(es) supported
• Work with Booth Captain to develop individual tradeshow objectives, in-booth messaging and graphics
• Support Corporate Tradeshow team in production of graphics and signage
• Work with Booth Captain to develop pre-show communications, as well as contests or giveaways to generate booth traffic
• Communicate tradeshow results, including number of leads, lead quality, etc., to internal clients
• Ensure efficient distribution of trade show leads according to lead process
Brand Compliance: Ensure all campaign communications are in compliance with Corning and CLS Brand guidelines; consult with Brand Management team, as necessary.
International Support: Support marcom counterparts in Asia and EMEA with information and materials that can be repurposed for use in other geographies; participate in teleconferences.
Commercial Review Team Meetings: Attend Commercial Team meetings for new products relevant to the business (es) supported; inform marketing communications team of deadlines, deliverables, etc.
Project Tracking Database: Update the status of all projects in the Project Tracking database. Archive final materials appropriately.
CRM/Lead Tracking: Become familiar with Customer Relationship Management tool (salesforce.com). Generate relevant campaign lead metrics for internal clients.