Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Life Sciences brings new and innovative laboratory tools to researchers. Our core technical competencies include polymer science, biochemistry and molecular biology, glass melting and forming, surface modification, and characterization science. As part of Corning Incorporated, we are a world leader in specialty glass and have a 150-year tradition of innovation.
We are committed to meeting customers’ unique and changing needs with original solutions for today’s emerging life sciences technologies. Our dedication to quality, technology and innovation has enabled us to produce the world’s most comprehensive line of laboratory tools for life science research. Corning Life Sciences also offers custom capabilities such as special packaging, bar coding, and printed lot numbers, to meet specific customer requirements.
To know more about Corning Life Sciences, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/life_sciences.aspx
• Facilitate and direct daily production activities to ensure control and compliance to established process control and operating procedures. Achieve plant requirements for safety, quality, delivery, selects, uptime, throughput and cost.
• Schedule resources and prioritizes activities to assure efficient production schedule compliance to include product changeovers, upgrades, experiments, new product runs, training and maintenance activities.
• Provides daily direction to production and maintenance employees, team leaders, technicians and engineers on established procedures and policies.
• Communicate and report production and process performance metrics to production teams, plant operations staff and functional leaders. Ensure that production targets and delivery requirements are met on a daily and weekly basis.
• Engage with plant teams and functional groups responsible for identifying and implementing process improvements & cost reduction projects.
• Perform performance reviews and develop and reinforce career and talent development plans for salaried/indirect labor and hourly/direct labor employees.
• Ensure that the production process is operating in compliance to established process control set-points and operating procedures. Enforce process discipline and rigorous change control.
• Ensure the protection of Corning’s Intellectual Property (IP).
• Develop, implement and monitor training, qualification, certification and development programs for new and experienced operators, team leaders and engineers.
• Facilitate and monitor all process/equipment changes and experimental plans involving the production process, including process improvement, new product trial runs, equipment/tooling redesign, raw material, and batch and/or component changes.
• Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts
• Frontline supervisory or team leader experience in a plant manufacturing environment, has demonstrated capability to hold people and teams accountable to process control and discipline.
• Experience with leading teams and projects to meet significant continuous improvement goals, cost reduction or performance improvement initiatives.
• Experience and understanding of process management systems, process control and discipline techniques.
• Training and understanding of cost accounting and managing for profitability.
• Trained and experienced in fundamentals of safety and health.
• Experience in a process engineering role, capable to perform in-depth analysis to solve complex problems.
• Exposure to launching and ramping new products into manufacturing.
• Green Belt certified in Performance Excellence, Lean and DMAIC methods
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled