Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Scope of Position:
• Supervise salary maintenance technicians (1 electrical, 1 mechanical)
• Supervise union maintenance electrical, mechanical, and S&T Assistants (laborers)
• Define and lead the implementation of process control systems (SOP's, SOS's) throughout the facility for critical infrastructure equipment
• Provide project leadership for facility improvement projects
• Provide project leadership for Performance Excellence (PEx) improvement projects
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Lead and manage BSD SP Maintenance organization (including CSSC)
• Manage safety program for Maintenance Department
• Provide 2nd level troubleshooting and have the ability to provide sound direction
• Lead Facilities Planning Group
• Interact with multiple departments, organizations, and personnel levels to meet customer needs
• Coordinate, schedule, and communicate activity to ensure the least amount of disruption to the SP Community
• Become familiar with the process and facility systems, such as HVAC, Electric, Piping, etc., and engage / utilize system owners when needed
• Support existing processes (i.e.: SCR, shutdowns) to approve, validate, and document needed infrastructure changes
• Facilitate / lead monthly communication meetings with the Maintenance Department
• Review and approve P-Card transactions
• Support department budgets, become familiar with PeopleSoft, ability to enter POs
• Assess and recommend tooling needs, support recycling efforts
• Support effective and efficient utilization of resources – personnel and equipment
• Interact and participate in various other BSD projects and events as needed
• Work closely with Facility Operations and Housekeeping Supervisors, providing back up as necessary
• Manage daily time cards through electronic system
• Manage any union issues; documenting as appropriate
• Provide estimate of costs
• Attend daily department meetings
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• First shift 7am-4pm with some off shift and weekend coverage as projects require.
Education and Experience:
• BS in Engineering - focus on Electrical / Power Distribution or Mechanical Equipment Engineering highly preferred.
• Will consider those with non-technical Bachelor's degrees, but must have 3+ years of demonstrated success supervising in union environments and 3+ years of experience working within a production / plant environment.
• Supervisory Experience - within union environments highly preferred.
• Solid organization and planning skills
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office minimum)
• 1-3 years working in facilities or production
• Knowledge of facility equipment operation and maintenance
• PEx green belt certification
• Knowledge of CMMS (Tabware) system
• Solid communication skills – able to work with all levels of the organization
• Team player able to lead others effectively and efficiently
• Ability to create cohesion within team and counterpart teams
• Strong conflict resolution
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.