Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
The global Human Resource (HR) Function provides an integrated talent management system that delivers a workforce that is Corning's competitive differentiator in the global marketplace.
HR provides service offerings that align solutions to business challenges by ensuring the programs are Effective, Efficient, and Global, Scale able, and Repeatable. Corning’s Values are operationalized by the HR Function through the facilitation of Talent Management offerings, as well as programs and processes that aid in making Corning’s Values visible.
Scope of Position:
• Oversees Corning’s learning technologies, including the Sum Total LMS, Become Corning, and The Blue Line
• Acts as the liaison between various internal and external stakeholders, including HRIS, IT, vendors, learning consultants, and end users
• Aligns Learning technologies with the HR systems and data strategies
• Researches emerging learning technologies and trends and advises senior leaders on their benefits and risks, making recommendations required to support the evolution of learning, demographics, and the workplace over time
• Collaborates with the businesses and functions to identify learning content strategies and service delivery channels
• May consult and manage the design, development and deployment of large scale learning solutions
• Manages projects to deliver new capability for learning
• Manages learning technologies ongoing releases, ensuring release management QA process is completed and deployments are seamless to end users
• Manages learning technology supplier relationships and provides suppliers with continuous Corning feedback, especially regarding the user experience
• Manages procurement negotiations/contracts for learning technologies and shared services with suppliers in conjunction with Global Supply Management personnel. Manages additional SOWs/SLAs as needed
• Provides strategic direction/management for the Learning Shared Services Center (outsourced model) including resourcing, knowledge transfer, project prioritization, and SLA metrics
• Provides strategic consulting to the businesses/functions to effectively make use of available learning technologies to meet business/function goals
• Communicates with BUHR, HR COEs, and learning professionals worldwide regarding learning technologies roadmap, strategies, change management, etc.
• Works collaboratively with Corning IT and suppliers to create strategy and to implement and/or update various IT components required to support strategy
• Oversees the local training coordinators worldwide, ensuring standard processes and tools are available for learning administration and providing development opportunities
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Collaborates with business/function personnel (learning and non-learning) to understand needs, explore options, and design and implement solutions for learning initiatives through the use and integration of learning and HR technology.
• Oversees learning shared services workload and projects including supplier SLAs and quality, and provides continuous feedback and improvement ideas. Works with supplier executive teams as needed to create awareness around Corning’s needs and prompt for further action.
• Manages level 3-4 system support activities to ensure issues are escalated to the highest levels of supplier organizations and/or Corning IT to expedite resolutions and obtain root cause, corrective actions and sustainability plans
• Markets the value of WD&L’s Learning Technologies and certifies Local Training Coordinators to businesses/functions.
• Manages Local Training Coordinator resources and development opportunities including the online Local Training Coordinator Resource Center, LTC User Group virtual classes and ongoing communications
• Identifies continuous improvement areas, assists with development of action plans and timing, and monitors progress.
• Some project and relationship building related (domestic and global)
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• 8:00AM-5:00PM Eastern time zone with frequent early morning or evening conference calls to support global businesses
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or Adult Education, Instructional Technology
• Master’s degree in related area ( a plus)
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• 3 - 5 years or related experience(learning and development)
• At least 2 years of LMS oversight (Sum Total ROD SaaS a plus)
• Global experience
• Successful experience in building learning solutions
• Successful track record in the deployment of global talent/learning systems, programs and processes
Desired Areas of Experiences:
• Successful track record of performance in managing LMS and learning shared service
• Experience managing individuals, teams, suppliers
Required and Other Preferred Skills:
• People/team management
• Business Acumen
• Digital Confidence
• Problem Solving
• Change management
• Strong consulting skills
• Project management
• Vendor management
• Cross boundary and global collaboration
• Reporting and Analytics
• Process orientation
• Communication and organizational skills
• The ability to synthesize and simplify the complex in clear, user-friendly language
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.