Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Scope of Position:
• Working under the supervision of an engineer
• Design and execute process experimentation
• Analyze data and present conclusions
• Troubleshoot processes and identify solutions
• Work under the direction of an engineer to
• Develop fundamental understanding
• Identify process/equipment and procedural opportunities to improve process performance
Hours of work / work schedule / flex-time:
• Basic work hours are 40hrs/week; 8am-5pm
Education and Experience:
• Enrolled in BSChemE or BSCerE program
• GPA of 3.0 or above
• Relevant experience a plus
• Computer literate in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• “Hands on” experience solving problems
• Analytical problem-solving skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks
• Ability to build relationships and interact with all levels of the organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively present information
• Flexibility - Able to change and adjust smoothly as the situation demands
• Experience in laboratory test methods
• Experience analyzing data
• Basic statistical understanding