Scope of Position:
• Use engineering principles to support cable development projects, specifically in the areas of cable design and performance to requirements, process development and capability, and/or materials analysis.
• Engage with project teams actively, understanding how specific work assignments fit within overall project requirements and department objectives in order to solve problems efficiently and effectively.
• Coordinate, plan, schedule, and lead experiments both in the laboratory and production floor in support of assigned projects. Draw on engineering principles from within the candidate’s field of study to analyze experiment results; use statistical tools as appropriate.
• Be open to learning new engineering principles and technical nuances of cable design and processes.
• Actively engage within the project team and across project boundaries as needed to achieve objectives. Willingness to share ideas with the team is important, as is willingness to take direction and feedback from team members and technical experts.
• Manage priorities and timeline to achieve objectives in allotted time.
• Prepare oral and written reports to summarize test results and key conclusions for technical audiences including Development, Engineering, and Operations.
Hours of work / work schedule / flex-time:
• Basic work hours are 40hrs/week; 8am-5pm
Education and Experience:
• Enrolled in BS program in engineering degree such as mechanical, electrical, chemical, materials, computer.
• Course work completed to include first and second year engineering studies.
• GPA of 3.0 or above.
• Ability to grasp and apply scientific principles.
• Creativity in approach to solutions, experimental design, and results analysis.
• Computer literate in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Problem-solving and organizational skills
• Ability to build relationships and interact with all levels of the organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively present information
• Flexibility - Able to change and adjust smoothly as the situation demands
• Proactive, self-starter
• “Hands-on” laboratory research experiences a plus.
• Relevant work experiences a plus.