Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Display Technologies is a worldwide leader in glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), also known as thin film transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDs). Our premium-quality substrates are used in notebook computers, flat-panel desktop monitors, LCD televisions, and portable electronic and communications devices
To know more about Corning Display Technologies worldwide, please visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/display_technologies.aspx
Scope of Position:
• Supports the design, assessment, and implementation of new or existing technologies on display inspection equipment. Identify obsolescence and develop algorithms/procedures to evaluate replacement components for outdated parts/systems.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Work with a project team to understand new or existing system requirements.
• Evaluate system capability through either leading or participating in design of experiments, collection of measurement data, and/or making recommendations based on analytical results.
• Research, evaluate and recommend replacement parts including LEDs, lasers, cameras, motion systems, etc.
Travel Requirements: Potential international travel
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40 Hours
• Currently enrolled in an engineering BS degree program and have completed their sophomore or junior year
Required Years and Area of Experience: None.
• Can work independently
• Have fundamental understanding of optical, mechanical, and electrical systems
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledgeable in statistic terms
• Process, systems and troubleshooting skills
• Electrical and mechanical drawing familiarity
• Design/model of optical components
• Drafting skills in Solid Works
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
• Ability to work on a diverse project team
• Ability to effectively deal with high levels of uncertainty, ambiguity, and change
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled