Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Scope of Position:
The NAFTA Marketing Manager is responsible for overall market position and profitability in Data Centers and Local Area Networks. In the role the person needs to create segmented and regional marketing strategies and execution plans to drive customer demand.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Manage 3 direct reports
• Develop strategies and tactics to create demand for Corning Optical Communications products and services
• Analyze data of programs, services and communication campaigns to determine the effectiveness of the campaigns and make adjustments as necessary
• Manage product launches and commercialization strategies and insure they are aligned with the current strategy
• A high degree of understanding of the competitive products in this application space is required and how to analyze these offerings to create commercial responses
• A go-to position for other disciplines in the organizations to gain knowledge of our programs and solutions, primarily sales and PLM.
• Be a vehicle for gaining information that will lead to additional solutions/products for the Enterprise networks.
• Responsible for filling the funnel with prospects and delivering Marketing Qualified leads to Sales
• Run the NAFTA strategy process and implement it across the organization to provided structure and rigor and improve operational efficiencies
• Through marketing strategies and targeted campaigns grow the DC and LAN business to meet short and long-term objectives]
• Develop Regional Marketing and Plans for one year out including use of the Marketing Programs.
• Be able to present and articulate strategies to executive leadership.
• Work with EMEA and APAC counterparts to share best practices.
The candidate for this job needs to create, execute and manage the NAFTA Enterprise Marketing Strategy. The candidate should have in-depth analytical and commercial understanding of the Corning LAN and DC products in the group’s portfolio. In this role, the candidate has to interact directly with Corning Optical Communications external customers, internal customers, PLMs, ES, Executive leadership and competitors, providing and gathering sensitive information critical to the future success of commercial marketing.
Travel Requirements: 20%
Required Education: BA or BS; MBA a plus
Required Years and Area of Experience: Minimum of 7 years marketing experience
• People management
• Marketing Strategy process
• Data Analysis
• Statistical modeling
• Marketing to verticals
• Understanding of the products and applications of LAN and Data Center
• Communication inward, outward and upward
• Team leadership
• Influence through others
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.