Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end to end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Corning's businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
• Enterprise Architect, Information Management will serve as the senior functional architecture expert for Enterprise Information Strategies and Technologies and their intersection with Information/Data Architecture, Metadata management, Big Data, Cloud and Mobility initiatives.
• Support internal business units, technology teams and individuals, e.g., project managers, development teams, executives, and customers, in designing and implementing Information Management solutions that links with the strategic direction of Corning’s IT organization/function.
• Ensure alignment and consistency of all business unit Information Management architecture principles, policies and standards with the broader Corning Enterprise Information Architecture.
• Imparts strategic knowledge relating to Information Management technology trends and solutions.
• Assumes leadership position to drive a consistent and consolidated IT solution. Understand the company’s business plan, functional areas, information needs and associated technologies.
• Maintain industry leading understanding of Information Management technologies and practices and their applicability to Corning.
• Coordinate sharing business unit IT direction and drives alignment in terms of technology and services (strategic positioning); facilitate dialogue that link business plans to the IT strategy for Corning.
• Construct Information Management frameworks and roadmaps that are substantiated through cost-benefit analysis, and that align with important IT standards and roadmaps.
• Synthesize the business plans and strategies into actions, e.g., investment, changes in methodology, implications for IT, etc.
• Provide guidance and oversight to delivery teams in the use of Information Management best practice to deliver against projects and service requirements.
• Maintain a broad external vendor understanding and relationships that can be used to leverage, and influence solution decision-making.
• Communicate the IT strategy within the organization and links business unit solutions with IT strategy.
• Alignment of IT solutions for business units in the organization with the roadmaps for IT.
• Adherence to established roadmaps and standards for Corning.
• Assigned work is completed based on project planning and verified through feedback from business units.
• Project design/execution is completed based on established time frames for implementation.
Work Hours: 40 hours a week - Mon – Fri
Travel Requirements: International & Domestic may be required
• Ability to serve as the IT Security Architect in the analysis, design and planning phases of the IT related projects.
• Knowledge in selecting future Information Management paths and participates in the design of those paths
• Capable of partnering with others to build and maintain the five-year IT strategy and performance model (2-years former, current year, and 2-years ahead).
• Experience in driving and delivering new capabilities to improve business unit operations that are in keeping with established standards and the overall IT strategic direction.
• Strong understanding of core Information Management capabilities and technologies.
• Strong communication, presentation, organizational, facilitation and negotiation skills (including ability to “translate” between business and technology needs)
• Enterprise Information Management Expertise
• Understanding of Information Management-specific architecture methodologies
• Proven track record of implementing Information Management solutions that make sense for the business and are technically sound.
• Knowledge of project life cycle methodologies
• Ability to continuously prioritize and multitask efficiently
• Ability to influence decisions with critical thinking based upon experience and grasp of the strategic intent of the project.
Required Education: Master's level degree preferred in Business or IT related field
Required years & area of experience: 7-10
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.