Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Scope of Position:
• Co-develop and implement sales plan to maximize Corning Optical Communications (COC) product and service sales to AT&T for the assigned geographic area. The maximization of sales will be accomplished while maintaining positive customer relationships across key functional areas of AT&T and internal to COC.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Meet or exceed annual sales budget for assigned region or products
• Manage personal sales expense budget at or below annual target
• In conjunction with Account Manager, other AT&T area sales managers, marketing, and market development co-develop strategic account/territory plans. Prepare strategic account/territory presentation as required
• Assist with COC’s response to any RF(x) activity. Develop and facilitate all COC contract activity, and leverage existing contracts and customer entities throughout domestic and global regions (if applicable)
• Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding Corning products and their applications to customers’ networks
• Develop a complete understanding of customer’s organization and develop close business relationships with key decision makers and influencers in assigned territory.
• Maintain a high level of knowledge about the customer’s business objectives in order to recognize opportunities and to maximize sales of COC solutions.
• Act in a consultative role to the customer to ensure that they specify COC products and those they can easily order, receive, utilize and/or install those solutions.
• Provide weekly activity reports and monthly reports as appropriate.
• 40-60% - Candidate will be required to travel throughout AT&T territory at times, but the primarily focus is CA
• BA or BS from an accredited 4 year institution
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• Two (2) year minimum experience in sales, marketing, product line management, or technical services
• Knowledge of telecommunications customers and commercial practices
• Strong organizational, planning and decision making ability (including prioritization and time management skills)
• Knowledge of telecommunications market areas: Wire line, Wireless, Datacenters
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a mesh organization. Each area sales manager also has management responsibilities as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) across all of AT&T and will act as project lead when assigned by Account Manager. Sometimes their sales efforts will be in support of other SMEs and other times they will be working with the other area sales managers support their SME.
• Knowledge of COC’s product solutions, specifically Wire line, Wireless, and Datacenters
• Previous experience selling to a large Telecom customer, specifically AT&T
• Existing contacts within the customer base, specifically AT&T