Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
The role leads the Supply Management activities for the Union City, CA site across diverse categories from Liquid Handling to Equipment, Tips to Genomics. Specifically the Procurement manager is responsible for continuity of materials to Union City Manufacturing, as well as equipment and services, in addition to delivering more competitive costs via negotiations or projects, executing material sourcing strategies and relationships, while minimizing inventories with optimal materials utilization. Most importantly, this procurement manager ensures consistently high product quality and supplier performance. This individual also has responsibility for managing Purchased Finished Goods Supply for UC as required.
- Supports Business Global Supply Management (GSM) Strategy Development.
- Deploys GSM strategies and plans to make decisions necessary to purchase products or services, aligned with organizational objectives and sourcing strategies.
- Assures Contribution Metrics are updated and linked with site/business cost reduction portfolio.
- Leads or supports Union City Supplier negotiations as well as Contract Development and Administration.
- Owns/Assists with Supplier Relationship Management Process. This includes conducting Supplier Audits and maintaining Supplier Reliability metrics.
- Creates and maintains contractual documents (Supply Agreements, Pricing Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Certificates of Insurance, etc.).
- Assists with Commodity Reviews and Supply Intelligence
- Inventory Management (where applicable): Organizes, controls, and minimizes materials on hand, slow moving and obsolete materials. May manage storeroom operations.
- Acts as GSM liaison between plants, including materials and quality areas. Represents GSM function to Plant Management.
- Recommends changes to purchasing practices/supply management to ensure conformance with established laws, policies, and ethical principles activity-based costing). Participates in the planning and implementation of these changes.
- Acts as main contact for RTP to ensure invoicing issues are eliminated or resolved expeditiously.
- Participates in cross-functional teams focused on process improvements, cost reduction and supply chain issue resolution
- Protects Intellectual Property (IP).
- Ensures compliance with internal and external auditing requirements related
- especially to GSM or any other certification (if applicable)
- Makes sure that the suppliers are environmentally compliant, and that the scrap is correctly disposed
- Champions and advocates for the Global Buying Policy. Ensures compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Technical, Business or Supply Chain).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing – operations, planning, quality, engineering, supply chain.
- Minimum 5 years’ Life Science industry and experience.
- Experience with procurement and supply chain processes and systems.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Experience working in a matrix environment or on a cross functional team.
- Experience in frontline or mainstream business experience.
- Willingness to travel and be mobile globally.
- Has worked globally (Experience working in a global organization and managing people in a global business).
- Master’s in Business or Supply Chain Management.
- Experience across multiple businesses, division and/or technologies.
- Experience with global manufacturing and business through work, project experience or expatriate assignment.
- Procurement and/or transportation experience.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) or Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), APICS or certification related to Supply Chain.
- LEAN or Six Sigma Certification or equivalent experience
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}