BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
The Tauri Group, an innovator in analytical consulting, applies creative, responsive problem solving to homeland security, defense, and space enterprises. Government agencies and multinational contractors trust our objectivity and vision. They know we bring the leading minds in homeland security, technology, aerospace, arms control, public health, and more to tackle issues with no easy answers. Our projects are at the forefront of today's world of security, defense, science, and technology.
We are looking for a business systems analyst to assist in an on-going contract with NASA supporting the Office of Chief Financial Officer. The successful candidate must have demonstrated consulting experience in providing high-level customer service under pressure with tight and changing deadlines.
• Act as a technical lead and liaison with NASA’s enterprise architecture group to guide the development of performance reporting systems enhancement.
• Perform continuous improvement and change management activities to improve best practices for data collection, system usage, and strategy development.
• Implement software development lifecycle (SDLC) project management best practices where possible to increase project performance and stakeholder values.
• Lead data collection and analysis processes for complex, integrated data set of NASA programmatic and technical information.
• Analyze, assess, and categorize performance metrics for internal and external reporting.
• Define and develop reports, graphics, and presentations on findings.
• Support performance planning and reporting activities such as meeting coordination, document production, data collection, and stakeholder coordination.
• Manage, control, and perform data entry for large data sets within NASA’s Performance Warehouse system.
• Demonstrated analytical skills (qualitative and quantitative) and the ability to communicate the results and data sources of analyses effectively.
• Demonstrated ability to perform continuous improvement and change management activities to improve best practices for data collection, system usage, and strategy development.
• Must possess superb attention to detail in order to provide quality control of deliverables by verifying the accuracy of information, conformance with guidance, and consistency with customer priorities.
• Strong commitment to customer service and dealing with others diplomatically required; experience interacting with senior decision makers desired.
• Energy for solving challenging analytic and process problems, bringing creativity and new ideas.
• Independent thinker that can work with minimal guidance.
• Demonstrated ability to manage simultaneous tasks to completion.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Familiarity with performance management, strategic planning, and the federal planning, programming, budgeting, and execution process a plus.
• Familiarity with aerospace industry.
• Prior experience with Waterfall, Scrum, and Agile project management methodologies; familiarity with PMBOK standards desired.
• Working knowledge of the Oracle Database and SQL desired; SQL coding proficiency is not required.
• Familiarity with XML coding and XML schemas.
• Familiarity with MS Project, MS Visio, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and graphics applications (e.g., Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop).
• Prior experience with a business intelligence/analytics package or IBM Cognos a plus.
• A bachelor’s degree in business, information systems, or a related technical field is required.
Years of Domain Experience:
• 3-5 years of experience as a systems, technology, or business analyst.
• Prior experience in a project lead role or strategy consulting experience.
• Working knowledge of the Space Domain and NASA experience preferable.
The Tauri Group offers competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k) with employer match, medical, dental, and vision insurance. EEO employer.
To apply, please forward your resume along with a cover letter outlining your experience and salary expectations to Debbie.Dyke@TauriGroup.com
Opening For Business Systems Analyst NASA : Washington
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST