Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Key Responsibilities -
- Receiving and Shipping Operations:
- Oversee dock operations for the SP campus, CISC and central ZV operations.
- Responsible for security and control for all SP dock locations.
- Maintain same-day turnaround objectives for inbound and outbound materials.
- Document, maintain, and communicate procedures, policies, and regulations.
- Align with Corporate Transportation to ensure carrier compliance.
- Maintain DOT Compliance for trucks and DOT certifications for SRC’s.
Gas Cylinder Management:
- Support S&T cylinder requirements using systems management and tracking.
- Controls for safe cylinder movement are established and maintained.
- Direct activities for thirteen SRC’s, and one contracted Logistics Coordinator.
- Adjust staffing assignments and cross training to ensure efficient operations.
Purpose of Position:
- Supervise the receiving and shipping, truck fleet, and gas cylinder management operations for the Business Services Division.
- Directly supervise thirteen Storekeeper/Receiver/Checkers and one contracted Logistics Coordinator, working in a matrix organization.
- Execute training plan in support of overall area operations.
- Ensure safe Material Handling procedures are in place and followed.
- Ensure team meets operational objectives.
- Responsible for budget preparation and operating to budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Supply Chain, Business Mgmnt or Equivalent Experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with Supply Chain Management/Logistics desired.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience with direct/indirect reports and P&M employees.
- 3-5 years of systems experience, including ERP, transaction, and other computer based data-management systems.
Corning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}