Purpose of Position:
Function and supervise all aspects of the Carrier Business Development Analysts
· Function minor designs, create bill-of-materials and complete proposals as a working supervisor.
· Contribute to the development, analysis and initiation of business strategies, plans and processes to move the department towards achieving goals and objectives.
· Contribute to the development of the next generation of Project Services to support increased business keeping the following requirements in mind:
o Reduce risk to COC
o Maintain a consistent and high quality level of project deliverables
o Provide a plan that will enable scaling of the operation with limited overhead costs
o Provide a plan that delivers a positive return target
o Proliferate Corning products
· Provide coordination across teams to ensure that the processes are efficient and seamless from design to installation.
· Communicate and lead meetings with Sales and Marketing groups to ensure that they are kept aware of major projects status and other key customer activities prior to hand-off to PS Operations.
· Develop and maintain competitive information necessary to compete in the market.
· Provide an operating environment of integrity and ethical conduct in the execution of all business activities.
· Recruit and train new personnel to fill current and future positions.
· Supervise the activities of all assigned personnel ensuring that they are provided with current and effective objectives.
· Complete monthly one-pager report as directed by manager.
· Maintain and monitor morale of all assigned personnel to ensure retention goals are met.
· Schedule, coordinate and/or conduct site surveys and generate statements of work to define COC scope of responsibility and prepare technical sections of contract/subcontract statements of work.
· Supervise the completion of all contracts with customers and contractors, ensuring compliance with COC legal directives/reviews.
· Supervise the preparation of responses for RFP/RFQ’s.
· Supervise the generation of bills-of-material and cost estimates for labor and material to execute selected projects.
· Complete presentations to customers in support of Sales and Marketing requests for services.
· Supervise strategic account maintenance to stay abreast of future opportunities.
· Supervise the maintenance of quotation and documentation files for all bid projects.
· Participate in negotiations with customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
· Supervise the development of projects, which integrate multiple technologies to support the growth of COC products worldwide. Projects will typically utilize technical resources from other COC groups or subcontractors and suppliers.
· Conduct all business activities in a manner consistent with Corning’s corporate values and Code of Conduct.
· Build relationships with customer base, Sales team, various contractors, trailblazers, and Project Services support elements.
· Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Manage business to deliver budgeted revenue and profitability.
· Minimize risk to the company through the creation of local safety/quality processes and ensure compliance of established Project Services safety/quality procedures for all personnel associated with projects.
· Manage the timely workflow of project designs, walkouts, quotes, material ordering, services, and billing.
· Proactively set customer and Sales teams expectations on capabilities, pricing, and project timing.
· Negotiate change orders with customers as necessary.
· Provide feedback to Business Acquisitions Manager and Sales team regarding subcontractor capacity constraints, capabilities and work performance.
· Make recommendations concerning the awarding of subcontracted business.
· Provide weekly report to Business Acquisitions Manager on all work related activities.
· Deliver to Business Acquisitions Manager a year end analysis that provides a current year and subsequent year picture of customer direction, volume, and financials.
· Participate in Continuous Improvement projects to increase PS efficiency, capacity, safety, and quality.
· 4 Year Degree from a recognized college or university.
· 2-3 Years of experience in the Telecommunications industry
· 2-3 Years of experience estimating and quoting projects.
· Ability to manage and evaluate personnel utilizing objectives.
· Technical writing ability, with emphasis on effective presentation of detailed concepts.
· Experience leading and directing projects and/or teams of people
· Strong interpersonal skills to support customer interface, consultative activities and work as part of a COC team.
· Working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
· 100% fluent in English.
· Willing to travel 35%.
· Knowledge of CAD and/or graphics drawing programs.
· Working knowledge of Corning’s products
· 2-3 Years of experience supervising or managing
· Ability to speak Spanish or other languages.
· Prior Experience estimating, quoting and managing subcontractors.
Apply online at:
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;