Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
A world leader in industrial research and development, Corning staunchly believes in change. We thrive on seeking new opportunities to make a difference for mankind and bringing them to life.
Our dedicated scientists conduct their research with the highest integrity, finely tuned processes and superb skill. Breakthroughs occur when our researchers leverage existing technologies across product lines or come as the result of a profound moment of inspiration or even as an unexpected, experimental outcome. That is when research is at its most exciting.
We do everything possible to sustain our culture of innovation. We continually invest in research and development to provide our scientists with the resources they need. This has enabled our scientific community to develop a unique ability to solve complex problems and maintain a keen focus on things that really matter -- technologies that improve our lives and change our world.
R&D is the foundation on which Corning’s history has been built, and we have no doubt it will lead us to future technological triumphs.
To know more about Corning's Science and Technology division, please visit the R&D website at:
- Scope of Position:
- Collaborates and assists Chief of Staff and program managers with evaluating, developing, the business case, value proposition, and initial marketing strategy for emerging programs.
- Conducts financial analysis to inform early stage opportunity assessments and the development of the program or division’s strategy.
- Conducts early stage opportunity assessments to prioritize business development efforts.
- Identifies channels to market new opportunities.
- Defines key success metrics for new business opportunities and tracks progress periodically.
- Evaluate and recommend entry and exit strategies for programs.
Travel Requirements: minimal
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: Standard business hours
- MBA or Advanced Financial Degree – Science or Math – Engineering, Finance, Economics
- 1-2 years post MBA or 2-4 years equivalent extensive direct experience
Required Years and Area of Experience: Work experience in investment banking, investment management, finance, marketing, consulting
- Understand market dynamics and financial statements, able to pursue opportunities based on the strength of potential P&L and balance sheet implications.
- Willing to pursue business development efforts with sustained high levels of energy, drive, and enthusiasm.
- Strategic thinking with agility, able to deal with ambiguities.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, able to use a combination of business / technology understanding and intuition to assess an opportunity.
- Understands customers’ current and future needs and able to articulates justification of investment in new business opportunities
- Able to perform financial modeling, comparative analysis
- Exceptional PowerPoint skills
- Engineering undergraduate degree or finance and economics
- Work experience in Manufacturing, Engineering, or Development.
- Work experience in a start-up environment.
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}