Purpose of Position:
The primary role of the position is to profitably secure opportunities for Project Services (PS) and accomplish revenue targets and marketing objectives as directed by COC and ES Leadership.
Major Responsibilities - Ongoing Tasks:
- Pursue sales-derived opportunities designed to support US-based customers which operate throughout North America and/or globally. Additionally, search out and secure opportunities to expand the scope of initial leads to include as many COC products & services as possible.
- Communicate with sales teams and marketing groups to ensure they are kept aware of future project opportunities as well as the status of “won” projects.
- Accurately estimate the cost and duration of projects using technical experience and the acquired knowledge of experienced technicians, field engineers, and project managers
- Draft formal Engineering, Furnish, and/or Installation (EF&I) services proposals.
- Negotiate pricing with established contractors for project work.
- Work closely with PS Resource Management in developing additional contractor leads in strategic markets based on: safety assessments, work history and ethics, credit worthiness, and overall risk to COC.
- Pursue projects which deliver gross margin targets established by PS management. Gross margins may be re-evaluated as business conditions warrant.
- Present a professional image of PS, to include (at a minimum): delivering high impact proposals, providing quick turn-around on customer requests, and dealing with customers in a courteous & positive manner.
- Generate and report metrics related to proposal win rates, sources of leads, etc.
- Perform closed loop analysis of project life cycles in conjunction with PS Project Managers.
- Work with Field Sales in a manner that establishes long term relationships and affirms the value of working with Project Services.
- Complete the transfer of all “won” projects in accordance with the PS Transfer Package checklist.
- Generate and present project winning proposals using Microsoft PowerPoint to internal and external customers.
- Develop projects which integrate multiple technologies to support the growth of COC products worldwide. Projects will typically utilize technical resources from other COC groups or subcontractors and suppliers.
Equipment Used: Personal computer (PC), CAD Workstation and Plotter/Printer, Calculator
- Ongoing communication with, but not limited to Customers, Subcontractors, COC Sales Engineers, Customer Service Reps., Outside Vendor Reps. and COC Marketing Staff through the use of Phone, Email, Face-to-Face media.
Confidential Data: Corning Proprietary and Customer Confidential Information.
- BS or BA degree in a technical or business field from an accredited College or University.
- Financial experience as it relates to project management to include contracting, budgeting, pricing and quoting.
- Project experience taking ideas from concept to completion.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- 3-5 years related work experience
- Proven ability to speak publicly.
- 100% fluent in English.
- A minimum of two years of work experience as a systems or field engineer and/or handling and installing COC optical products.
- Quantitative and technical understanding of the Telecommunication’s Market.
- Technical writing ability, with emphasis on effective presentation of detailed concepts.
- Ability to negotiate pricing for labor, materials or other project components.
- Experience working/developing contracts.
- Project management experience of field projects.
- BICSI, Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) certification or industry professional certification.
- Ability to speak Spanish or other languages.
- Person must be willing to remain in this position for a minimum of two years.
- 35% travel is expected to be a part of this job.
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}