Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning Life Sciences brings new and innovative laboratory tools to researchers. Our core technical competencies include polymer science, biochemistry and molecular biology, glass melting and forming, surface modification, and characterization science. As part of Corning Incorporated, we are a world leader in specialty glass and have a 150-year tradition of innovation.
We are committed to meeting customers’ unique and changing needs with original solutions for today’s emerging life sciences technologies. Our dedication to quality, technology and innovation has enabled us to produce the world’s most comprehensive line of laboratory tools for life science research. Corning Life Sciences also offers custom capabilities such as special packaging, bar coding, and printed lot numbers, to meet specific customer requirements
To know more about Corning Life Sciences, visit us at:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed sales budget for the territory.
- Build strong relationships with customers and distributors
- Implement aggressive growth driven programs with distribution
- Work as a team with other account managers
- Build relationships with all internal functional groups
- Create, implement and maintain a sales plan that meets or exceeds performance requirements
- Know your products and channel/market/customer dynamics/drivers
- Manage all facets of responsibilities within the framework of Corning’s values
Travel Requirements: 40-60%
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40
Required Education: BS, Life Science (Preferred)
Required Years and Area of Experience: 3 +
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proficient computer/data analysis skills (Excel, Outlook E-Mail, Word, Power Point).
- Previous sales experience with record of meeting or exceeding sales budget
- Proficient in distribution channel management.
- Problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Business skills – financial analysis (sales analysis, trend reporting, usage reporting, pricing analysis).
- Organization skills – planning/time management
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excel at remote work/supervision
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to use and navigate the Corning Life Science’s Customer Relationship Management database.
- Creative promotional and account management approaches.
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
- Ability to perform with minimal direct supervisory intervention.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Coaching skills
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}