- Provide oversight of the clinical laboratory, including ensuring competency of personnel performing test procedures; recording and reporting test results promptly, accurately and proficiently; and assuring compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Working with other members of senior management to implement and scale clinical laboratory operations
- Ensuring that the clinical laboratory develops and uses a quality system approach to testing that provides accurate and reliable patient test results
- Ensuring compliance of pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical processes with applicable regulations
- Leading efforts to achieve and maintain appropriate accreditation (e.g., CAP) and licensure (e.g., NYS) for the clinical laboratory.
- Recruiting and retaining talented and qualified clinical laboratory personnel
- Providing written duties and documenting the delegated responsibilities for all laboratory staff
- Ensuring proper training and competency of all clinical laboratory personnel
- Reviewing and releasing clinical test results
- Leading communication with clients as it relates to laboratory testing and reporting
- Developing clinical laboratory budget, ensuring laboratory operates within budget
- Informing senior management of progress, problems and opportunities
- Proven successful track record who must be comfortable with a start-up environment.
- Must meet the qualifications specified in the CLIA regulations (§493. 1443) and California Business and Professions Code (BPC 1209 (a)) to direct a clinical laboratory offering high complexity genetic molecular biology tests, including:
- A current license as a laboratory director issued by CA and one of the following:
- MD licensed to practice in CA, board certified in anatomic or clinical pathology by the American Board of Pathology or MD licensed to practice in CA, with at least one year of laboratory training during residency, or at least two years of experience supervising high complexity testing or PhD in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science, and certified by an HHS-approved board
- A NY state Certificate of Qualification as Laboratory Director in Genetics
- At least 5 years' experience with advanced genomics technologies, preferably including next generation sequencing
- At least 5 years' experience as director of a clinical laboratory performing high-complexity genetic testing
- Proven record of success administering clinical laboratory operations in a rapid growth environment
Discover all that's possible with Yoh. Apply now.
Recruiter: Cheryl Heinla
Yoh is a professional staffing provider with over 70 years of experience in the short and long-term staffing services industry; visit our website to learn more about our company.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Deadline: Contact employer