2008 Joint Conference of AAZV/ARAV
October 10, 2008 through October 17, 2008
Los Angeles Hilton Hotel
5711 W. Century Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90045 (310)410-40
The Annual Conference of the American Association of Zoo Veterinarians will be held jointly with the Association of Reptile and Amphibian Veterinarians in Los Angeles, California, USA from October 11-17, 2008. This is the AAZV's 40th Annual Conference, and FIRST in the city of Los Angeles. Highlights for 2008 include:
* Wet labs and Workshops including Advanced Herpetological Imaging, Avian Endoscopy, Basic Reptile Techniques, Chelonian Endoscopy, Evidence Based Medicine, Marine Species Rehabilitation, Necropsy, Thermography, Ultrasound (Sold out), Welfare, and the ever popular CL Davis Zoo Pathology Workshop
* Twenty seven hours of continuing education credits. CE credits are certified by the American College of Zoological Medicine.
* Visit to the Los Angeles Zoo with behind the scenes access, lunch, dinner and the Annual Auction.
* Daily Hospitality Suite where you can catch up with friends and colleagues from all over the world
* Annual Banquet and Awards Program
* Exhibit Hall with the latest in equipment, nutrition, pharmaceuticals and more
* Posters on a wide range of topics
* Strategic Planning Focus groups Saturday evening
* And a few surprises!