Scientist Solutions: International Life Science Community By Scientists For Scientists

Thanks to our sponsors who make this site possible

piclamilast

RSS Feed

Would you like to save this topic, event, protocol or job so you can find it again easily?

Just click the "Save to My Lab Drawer" link and the item will be saved in the My Lab Drawer section of your bench space.

Available to members only. Please log in or register for your free account now.

r.etges
Germany

Send PM
See Mini bio

Frog Egg
Topic Started by r.etges
on 2/2/2005 10:53 AM   
Reply to this post Go to the top of the page

where can I obtain 20 - 50 mg piclamilast (RP 73401; 3-(cyclopentyloxy)-N-(3,5-dichloro-4-pyridyl)-4-methoxybenzamide) as a positive control for our topical formulation trial of PDE4A inhibitors? Thanks, Robert Etges

Replies
vanishing
Austria

Send PM
See Mini bio

Frog Laureate
Posted By vanishing
on 5/7/2005 16:54 PM   

I have found two sources in Pubmed:

1.) Quote: "Piclamilast was provided by Aventis Pharmaceuticals"
from
Zhao et al., (2003) Inhibitor Binding to Type 4 Phosphodiesterase (PDE4) Assessed
Using [3H]-Piclamilast and [3H]-Rolipram.
JPET Fast Forward. Published on January 24, 2003 as DOI:10.1124/jpet.102.047407

2.) Quote: " N-(3,5-dichloropyrid-4-yl)-3-cyclopentyloxy-4-methoxybenzamide (piclamilast) was synthesized by Altana Pharma GmbH (Konstanz, Germany). "
from
Parrella et al., (2004) Phosphodiesterase IV Inhibition by Piclamilast Potentiates the Cytodifferentiating Action of Retinoids in Myeloid Leukemia Cells
J. Biol. Chem., Vol. 279, Issue 40, 42026-42040, October 1, 2004

Debbie Reed Bietz
United States

Send PM
See Mini bio

Frog Egg
Posted By Debbie Reed Bietz
on 6/25/2012 9:25 AM   

Hello,

Is this the Bob Etges from the University of Cincinnati who studied under Dr. Mukkada? If so, This is Deb Bietz. It would be great to talk to you if you have the time.

Thanks,

Debbie

As a Scientist Solutions member, you are able to register a positive vote for any topic which you believe is useful and relevant to our board or any reply which you believe is especially well worded and helpful.

By participating in the voting, you will be helping to identify the best topics & replies on the board.

You may vote once for any one post, and you may not vote for your own posts.

A post (topic or reply) will earn one "thumbs up" icon for every 10 votes received (up to 3 thumbs up), and the person who made the post will also earn two bonus points.

learn more about member points.