Would you like to save this topic, event, protocol or job so you can find it again easily?
Just click the "Save to My Lab Drawer" link and the item will be saved in the My Lab Drawer
section of your bench space.
Available to members only. Please log in or register
for your free account now.
Topic Started by mehtak01
on 9/6/2012 5:25 AM
This position provides the leadership and technical expertise necessary to manage safety, health, and environmental programs at the Devon and Smithfield ECTNA manufacturing plants.
This EH&S Manager leads the effort to eliminate, prevent, or reduce the occurrence of safety, health, medical and environmental issues and facilitate the development and maintenance of behaviors, attitudes and a safety culture that supports the goals of the Company’s EH&S programs. Incumbent will provide guidance and technical expertise on compliance requirements with all applicable federal, state, and local safety, health and environmental regulations. This requires that the incumbent remain up to date on current and proposed regulations and evaluate the impact on ECT. This position is responsible for providing direct supervision and development of a team of EH&S professionals at the Devon plant and direction for the EH&S team at Smithfield.
This position acts as the interface with Government Agencies that deal with health, safety and environmental issues. This includes, but is not limited to, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry, the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, and local authorities.
- Development of policies and procedures in environmental, health and safety matters to ensure the Company meets its Legal, Statutory and Corporate governance obligations.
- Implements policies and procedures in order to develop a high level of EH&S awareness on the Devon and Smithfield sites and a low risk working environment.
- Ensures through line management that the Company, employees, contractors, and visitors etc. comply with EH&S polices and best practices.
- Active member of plant management team providing input based on analysis and trends of current EH&S environment in order to assist in the development of continuous improvement initiatives of Company EH&S programs.
- Employee will comply with all Johnson Matthey Hazardous Waste procedures and local, state and federal regulatory requirements
- Employee may have responsibilities of handling, storing and/or shipping hazardous waste. Responsibilities may include the signing of manifests.
- Perform Risk Assessments with all departments to determine the potential hazards of new processes and projects (capital projects and others) and ensure that all applicable Federal, State, and Local regulations, along with industry standards, (ANSI, NFPA, ACGIH) are followed.
- Manage MSDS Program for materials used, received and/or processed at the facility.
- Prepare and distribute MSDS's for products manufactured by ECTNA.
- Determine the potential health effects of any new chemical under consideration for use within ECT.
- Manage chemical, noise, and radiation exposure monitoring programs.
- Review and approve all safety equipment and procedures.
- Develop training programs for the use of safety equipment, chemical hazards, noise hazards, physical hazards and safe operating practices, and assist line management with implementation.
- Manage the accident elimination program by tracking and reporting accident rates and developing management's accident investigation techniques.
- Coordinate management of Workers’ Compensation program with facility nurse.
- Develop and implement emergency evacuation plans and procedures.
- Coordinate training and activities of Incipient Stage Fire training program.
- Chair the Union/Management Safety Committee
- Participate in management health, safety and environmental audits.
- Manage ECT hazardous waste disposal program, including all manifesting, disposal site selection, hazardous waste training, and internal tracking. Remain certified as being trained in hazardous waste management, as required by law.
- Examine all new processes and projects for environmental impact.
- Apply, track, and implement all environmental permits.
- Manage the monitoring of air and water discharges including, but not limited to, obtaining and remaining certified as a Visible Emissions Evaluator.
- Develop and implement emergency environmental response procedures,
- Act as Emergency Coordinator during an emergency situation at the facility.
- Prepare and/or participant in the preparation of monthly and annual environmental reports such as Self-Monitoring Report, SARA 312 -Tier n - Emergency and Hazardous Chemical Inventory, SARA 313 - Toxic Chemical Release Inventory, Annual Emission Inventory, Generators Biennial Hazardous Waste Report, and Generators Biennial Residual Waste Report.
- Manage TSCA program including, but not limited to, completion of 8(c) report, 8(e) report, and Import Certifications.
- Develop, implement and manage Environmental Management System in compliance with ISO14001 Standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Educational Requirements
- BS/MS in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Engineering. Certified Industrial Hygienist or Certified Safety Professional is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of EH&S experience with increasing responsibility with at least 5 years of staff management experience years preferably in the chemicals manufacturing industry.
- A working knowledge of the applicable Federal, State, and Local laws is required.
- Familiarity with industry standards, such as NFPA, ANSI, ACGIH, and AIHA is required.
- Strong leadership and performance management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to develop strong collaborative relationships with all levels of employees to effectively implement and drive EH&S program success.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex long term projects.
Attached file: Johnson_Matthey.jpg
As a Scientist Solutions member, you are able to register a positive vote for any topic which you believe is useful and relevant to our board or any reply which you believe is especially well worded and helpful.
By participating in the voting, you will be helping to identify the best topics & replies on the board.
You may vote once for any one post, and you may not vote for your own posts.
A post (topic or reply) will earn one "thumbs up" icon for every 10 votes received (up to 3 thumbs up), and the person who made the post will also earn two bonus points.
learn more about member points.
Become a member & join our
community (It's easy & free)
Already a member? Please log in
|Un puesto de profesor/a titular a tiempo parcial (15%) en el área de la lingüística del español moderno|
UNIVERSIDAD DE AMBERES FACULTAD DE FILOSOFÍA Y LETRAS DEPARTAMENTO DE LINGÜÍSTICA Vacante Un puesto de profesor/a titular a tiempo parcial (15%) en el área de la lingüística del español moderno (Ref. AP/2007/037) Tareas Impartir clases de morf......
|Faculty Positions - Geodesy and Geo-informatics|
Applications are invited from candidates who possess the necessary qualifications in order to fill the following academic posts at the Cyprus University of Technology. 1. Faculty of Engineering And Technology One (1) post at the rank of Professor o......
|Masters / PhD Scholarship - Software Defined Radio Systems|
Applications are invited for a Masters/PhD studentship in the area of interoperability of software defined radio systems. This area of research, led by Dr. Ronan Farrell, as part of substantial ongoing activities in the Institute of Microelectronics and ......
|Professor of Computer Science|
Area: Applied Security (Code F1-070005) "Computer security and reliability" is one of the strategic priorities of the University of Luxembourg. Applied security is intended to complement the current expertise in computer security in the Comput......
|Research Associate - Cancer Communications and Screening|
(Ref:334) Applications are sought for a researcher with a health psychology background to work in the Cancer Research UK Health Behaviour Unit, to contribute to projects on cancer screening, particularly colorectal cancer. The programme is run by Pr......
|Associate Professor / Senior Lecturer - Industrial / Organizational Psychology|
Vacancy No: A329-07J Closing Date: 16 November 2007 The Department of Psychology at the University of Canterbury (New Zealand) invites applications for an appointment at Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer or Lecturer level (approximately equiv......
|Faculty Position - Applied Psychology|
Vacancy No: A330-07J Closing Date: 16 November 2007 The Department of Psychology at the University of Canterbury (New Zealand) invites applications for an appointment at Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer or Lecturer or level (approximately eq......
|Research Associate (fixed-term) - Neuronal Membrane Strain|
The post is funded by a four year EPSRC grant to create a world leading research team whose overriding goal is to exploit creative research based on the most recent discoveries of biological sensory systems. This will involve the design and development o......
|PhD Studentships in the Biophysical Sciences Institute|
These posts are funded by an EPSRC grant to create a world leading research team whose overriding goal is to exploit creative research based on the most recent discoveries of biological sensory systems. This will involve the design and development of new......
|Research Associate - Distributed Sensor Signal Processing|
This post is part of an initiative from the Institute for Digital Communications at Edinburgh to develop a core of theoretical activity in Distributed Sensor Signal Processing. You will be working on the problem of devising and analyzing algorithms to......
|PhD Studentships - Mechanical Engineering (Tribology)|
Imperial College is ranked in the top ten universities of the world, according to the 2006 Times Higher Education Supplement league tables Applications are invited for two research studentships in the field of Tribology, leading to the award of a PhD d......
|Postdoc Position in G Protein Signaling|
POSTDOC POSITION G PROTEIN SIGNALING To study mechanisms of signal amplification, integration and timing in receptor-G protein-effector systems. We work both with purified proteins and in cells. We try to focus on essential mechanisms of s......
|NIH Postdoctoral Position: Cartilage MRI/NMR|
A postdoctoral position is available in the Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy Section (Richard G. Spencer, Chief) of the National Institute on Aging of the National Institutes of Health, located in Baltimore, Maryland. The work will cente......
|Pharmacology / Pharmacokinetics Lecturer / Senior Lecturer|
Charles Sturt University Pharmacology/Pharmacokinetics Lecturer/Associate Lecturer Orange Campus Background The successful applicant will be based in the School of Biomedical Sciences, a well established academic unit in the......
|Assistant Professor, History|
The University of Nevada, Reno History department is seeking a tenure-track Assistant Professor - United States in the World. We seek a scholar who specializes in the history of the United States and its cultural, political, and/or economic interactions......
|Postdoc - Biological Self-Assembly|
A postdoctoral associate position is available funded by NIH to study biological self-assembly at Vanderbilt University. The successful candidate must have a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Biophysics or Computational Biol......
|Postdoc Positions: Biointerfaces (physical chemistry)|
Open Post-doc (12 to 24 months) and Ph-D Positions are available in the field of physical-chemistry of bacterial interactions with their environment. Applicants should have a strong background in physical-chemistry and preferably knowledge in biophy......
|Assistant Professor - Museum Studies and Arts Education|
Museum Studies and Arts Education Assistant Professor Tenure Track Job #: FAC2007-126 Open until filled. Application screening begins: Monday, December 3, 2007 California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB), is a comprehensive public univers......
|Professorship in Marine / Coastal Science and Policy|
James W. Rote Distinguished Professorship in Marine/Coastal Science and Policy Associate or Full Professor, Tenure Track Job #: FAC2007-125 Open until filled. Application screening begins: Friday, January 4, 2008 The Division of Science an......
We wish to recruit an experienced researcher* for two years. The salary of the recruited scientist will be funded by the Transfer of Knowledge programme of the European Union.This person will work at the National Hellenic Research Foundation (NHRF), Ath......