Information Technology (IT) Quality Assurance Analyst Job
Would you like to save this topic, event, protocol or job so you can find it again easily?
Just click the "Save to My Lab Drawer" link and the item will be saved in the My Lab Drawer
section of your bench space.
Available to members only. Please log in or register
for your free account now.
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Yoh has a contract opportunity for an IT- Quality Assurance Analyst to join our client in San Diego, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
The Senior QA Automation Engineer builds and maintains Automation Scripts to support the clients systems and applications and uses this knowledge to develop and execute test strategies that fully exercise system functionality.
- Completes test preparation and test execution tasks as assigned by QA Manager.
- Designs and implements automation solutions based on system understanding and analysis of technology and system specifications.
- Maps automation test cases to requirements or functional test cases to ensure complete test coverage
- Identifies test data requirements and generates required test data
- Prioritizes test cases taking into account business priorities, risk, and
- Executes Automated Functional, Regression, and System testing for primarily web-based applications
- Reports software defects and shepherds them through the defect life cycle to closure
- Reports test progress and quality status to project stakeholders Participates in project release efforts ranging in scope from small to very large
- Serves as a technology ambassador for automation and efficiency solutions
- Serves as a subject matter expert for Automation Test Library in one or more areas of our applications, typically of moderate to high complexity
- Works with peers in test, development, data center and other organizations to troubleshoot and resolve project issues both technical and non-technical in nature
- Participates in and occasionally leads process improvement efforts within QA and the larger technology organization
- Follows all best practices in software project execution
- Maintains Automation and test case management tool for assigned areas of test suite ownership
- Configures test environments as necessary to support test efforts.
- Recommends improvements in Automation strategies, software and process
- Typically requires a B.S. in Computer Science and four plus (4) years experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience, e.g., M.S. degree plus two (2) years experience
- Significant experience three plus (3) Automation testing of web-based applications
- Minimum of two (2) years prior programming/scripting experience with Selenium or VBScript or other QA automation language
- Experience with designing, developing and the execution of reusable and maintainable automated scripts
- Solid understanding of Windows-based systems, internet technologies, and SQL
- Demonstrated experience with industry standard Quality Assurance methodologies and their practical application.
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Thorough understanding of the defect life-cycle process and industry standard defect tracking tools.
- Experience with HP Quality Center and Quick Test Pro
- Experience with Load Testing and Quality Center's Performance Center a plus
- Proficient in GUI design standards
- Understanding of Formalized QA Product Risk Analysis and Techniques
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where resourcefulness,
determination, and strong problem-solving skills are necessary for success
- Positive attitude and the ability to complete assigned objectives with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- QA experience with financial applications is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to discourse with Application Development
Discover all that's possible with Yoh. Apply now.
Yoh is a professional staffing provider with over 70 years of experience in the short and long-term staffing services industry; visit our website to learn more about our company.
If you are seeking workforce solutions in the IT sector, see our comprehensive IT Staffing Resources.
Deadline: Contact employer
For more details
As a Scientist Solutions member, you are able to register a positive vote for any topic which you believe is useful and relevant to our board or any reply which you believe is especially well worded and helpful.
By participating in the voting, you will be helping to identify the best topics & replies on the board.
You may vote once for any one post, and you may not vote for your own posts.
A post (topic or reply) will earn one "thumbs up" icon for every 10 votes received (up to 3 thumbs up), and the person who made the post will also earn two bonus points.
learn more about member points.
Become a member & join our
community (It's easy & free)
Already a member? Please log in
|Un puesto de profesor/a titular a tiempo parcial (15%) en el área de la lingüística del español moderno|
UNIVERSIDAD DE AMBERES FACULTAD DE FILOSOFÍA Y LETRAS DEPARTAMENTO DE LINGÜÍSTICA Vacante Un puesto de profesor/a titular a tiempo parcial (15%) en el área de la lingüística del español moderno (Ref. AP/2007/037) Tareas Impartir clases de morf......
|Faculty Positions - Geodesy and Geo-informatics|
Applications are invited from candidates who possess the necessary qualifications in order to fill the following academic posts at the Cyprus University of Technology. 1. Faculty of Engineering And Technology One (1) post at the rank of Professor o......
|Masters / PhD Scholarship - Software Defined Radio Systems|
Applications are invited for a Masters/PhD studentship in the area of interoperability of software defined radio systems. This area of research, led by Dr. Ronan Farrell, as part of substantial ongoing activities in the Institute of Microelectronics and ......
|Professor of Computer Science|
Area: Applied Security (Code F1-070005) "Computer security and reliability" is one of the strategic priorities of the University of Luxembourg. Applied security is intended to complement the current expertise in computer security in the Comput......
|Research Associate - Cancer Communications and Screening|
(Ref:334) Applications are sought for a researcher with a health psychology background to work in the Cancer Research UK Health Behaviour Unit, to contribute to projects on cancer screening, particularly colorectal cancer. The programme is run by Pr......
|Associate Professor / Senior Lecturer - Industrial / Organizational Psychology|
Vacancy No: A329-07J Closing Date: 16 November 2007 The Department of Psychology at the University of Canterbury (New Zealand) invites applications for an appointment at Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer or Lecturer level (approximately equiv......
|Faculty Position - Applied Psychology|
Vacancy No: A330-07J Closing Date: 16 November 2007 The Department of Psychology at the University of Canterbury (New Zealand) invites applications for an appointment at Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer or Lecturer or level (approximately eq......
|Research Associate (fixed-term) - Neuronal Membrane Strain|
The post is funded by a four year EPSRC grant to create a world leading research team whose overriding goal is to exploit creative research based on the most recent discoveries of biological sensory systems. This will involve the design and development o......
|PhD Studentships in the Biophysical Sciences Institute|
These posts are funded by an EPSRC grant to create a world leading research team whose overriding goal is to exploit creative research based on the most recent discoveries of biological sensory systems. This will involve the design and development of new......
|Research Associate - Distributed Sensor Signal Processing|
This post is part of an initiative from the Institute for Digital Communications at Edinburgh to develop a core of theoretical activity in Distributed Sensor Signal Processing. You will be working on the problem of devising and analyzing algorithms to......
|PhD Studentships - Mechanical Engineering (Tribology)|
Imperial College is ranked in the top ten universities of the world, according to the 2006 Times Higher Education Supplement league tables Applications are invited for two research studentships in the field of Tribology, leading to the award of a PhD d......
|Postdoc Position in G Protein Signaling|
POSTDOC POSITION G PROTEIN SIGNALING To study mechanisms of signal amplification, integration and timing in receptor-G protein-effector systems. We work both with purified proteins and in cells. We try to focus on essential mechanisms of s......
|NIH Postdoctoral Position: Cartilage MRI/NMR|
A postdoctoral position is available in the Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy Section (Richard G. Spencer, Chief) of the National Institute on Aging of the National Institutes of Health, located in Baltimore, Maryland. The work will cente......
|Pharmacology / Pharmacokinetics Lecturer / Senior Lecturer|
Charles Sturt University Pharmacology/Pharmacokinetics Lecturer/Associate Lecturer Orange Campus Background The successful applicant will be based in the School of Biomedical Sciences, a well established academic unit in the......
|Assistant Professor, History|
The University of Nevada, Reno History department is seeking a tenure-track Assistant Professor - United States in the World. We seek a scholar who specializes in the history of the United States and its cultural, political, and/or economic interactions......
|Postdoc - Biological Self-Assembly|
A postdoctoral associate position is available funded by NIH to study biological self-assembly at Vanderbilt University. The successful candidate must have a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Biophysics or Computational Biol......
|Postdoc Positions: Biointerfaces (physical chemistry)|
Open Post-doc (12 to 24 months) and Ph-D Positions are available in the field of physical-chemistry of bacterial interactions with their environment. Applicants should have a strong background in physical-chemistry and preferably knowledge in biophy......
|Assistant Professor - Museum Studies and Arts Education|
Museum Studies and Arts Education Assistant Professor Tenure Track Job #: FAC2007-126 Open until filled. Application screening begins: Monday, December 3, 2007 California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB), is a comprehensive public univers......
|Professorship in Marine / Coastal Science and Policy|
James W. Rote Distinguished Professorship in Marine/Coastal Science and Policy Associate or Full Professor, Tenure Track Job #: FAC2007-125 Open until filled. Application screening begins: Friday, January 4, 2008 The Division of Science an......
We wish to recruit an experienced researcher* for two years. The salary of the recruited scientist will be funded by the Transfer of Knowledge programme of the European Union.This person will work at the National Hellenic Research Foundation (NHRF), Ath......