Hi guys, I would like to ask a similar question.
I used JPCalc to calculate the liquid potential for my experiments, in order to verify the result I measured the liquid junction potential as well.
The problem that occurs is that when I change my aCSF bath solution for my internal solution the potential I measured before does not reverse, which it should.
Can somebody give me some advice on this?
My measurement procedure is as follows:
I start with internal solution in my chamber, my bath electrode is a Ag/AgCl pellet that is located in an external bath, containing internal solution. This external bath is connected to the recording chamber via 3% Agarbridge (3M KCl). When entering the internal solution in the recording chamber with the pipette I off-set the measured potential, then I change the internal solution in the recording chamber for aCSF, I also exchange the agarbridge. The measured liquid junction potential is very close to the one calculated with JPCalc. To check for the reversal of the measured potential, I exchange the aCSF in the recording chamber with internal solution and also switch the agarbridge. Theoretically, the measured potential should reverse, but instead the value increases.
I have no idea what is causing this effect.