Director Clinical Research - Nexium/Lesogaberan
Would you like to save this topic, event, protocol or job so you can find it again easily?
Just click the "Save to My Lab Drawer" link and the item will be saved in the My Lab Drawer
section of your bench space.
Available to members only. Please log in or register
for your free account now.
Topic Started by marcia
on 7/7/2010 17:04 PM
|Functional Area: Clinical Development
|Other States: N/A
|Field/Home based position: No
|Search Band: Band 6
|Department: Late Development CV/GI
Reporting to the Group Director- CV/GI TA Late Development, the GI Clinical Research/Brand Physician provides medical input to all aspects of product development, regulatory, and promotion across the entire product lifecycle as it applies to both NEXIUM and Lesogaberan. Approximately 50-75% of time for this position will be devoted to commercial and development related activities (U.S. and global brand activities) with the remainder devoted to project-related clinical research activities. Time will be equally divided between the NEXIUM and Lesogaberan. Key tasks include developing medical and commercial differentiation options for the brand versus the competition, review and sign off of publications and promotional material. The objectives will be set by the Group Director in agreement with the Medical Science Director and the Development Brand Leader.
• Serves as a source of medical expertise and strategic oversight for the NEXIUM/Lesogaberan Brand Team
§ Provide medical expertise for Life Cycle Development and claims development.
• Provides medical guidance to NEXIUM/ Lesogaberan Brand Teams for creation of promotional and promotion-related training materials
• Give guidance to the NEXIUM Brand for Phase IV and investigator initiated trials in cooperation with regional marketing companies where applicable
• Responsible (in collaboration with other Team members) for medical components of study protocols, labeling and regulatory communications under the direction of the Medical Science Director
• Responsible to establish communications with prominent clinical investigators in his/her particular field of expertise, particularly those who will be willing and able to assist in the evaluation of AstraZeneca’s products in accordance with Brand Team objectives
• Work with international colleagues on research initiatives and regulatory issues,
• Applies strategic intent of AstraZeneca when working with FDA, opinion leaders, specialty societies, prescribers and consumers of AstraZeneca products
• Assumes other duties as assigned by the Group Director
• Provides medical leadership and expertise for commercialization of the GI brands throughout their life cycle.
• Provides medical oversight into developing medical and commercial differentiation options for the brand versus the competition, review and sign off of publications and promotional material.
1. Passion for Customer Solutions: Understands one’s customers and uses that insight to provide value
2. Thinks Strategically: Quickly identifies and acts on opportunities, combining forethought with action. This is based on an understanding of the external environment and its impact on AZ
3. Acts Decisively: Makes and acts on decisions quickly and effectively and fosters the same in others. This is based on an underlying courage to enable risk-taking for the business
4. Drives Performance: Holds self and others accountable for the achievement of performance expectations. Creates an environment that enables others to perform at their best
5. Works Collaboratively: Actively creates and promotes cross-boundary collaboration with the aim of achieving better business results. Boundaries can exist between individuals, geographies, cultures, teams, functions, organizations
6. Develops People and Organization: Demonstrates a genuine commitment to the time and effort needed to develop oneself and others
Works with internal and external customers, including Clinical Project Teams, Global Product Teams, Therapy Areas, Global Marketing and Business Development, Regulatory, and FDA to accomplish tasks related to the product development, to improve clinical development processes, and to insure satisfaction of these customers.
If applicable, this section contains a list of positions that report to the position, either directly or indirectly
• Direct Reports –none
• Indirect Reports – none
Requirements – Education and Experience
• Graduate of a recognized school of medicine with an M.D. degree or equivalent.
• Specialty training and board certification in Internal Medicine or General Pediatrics and/or Gastroenterology
• Prior clinical experience and strong academic track record in gastrointestinal disease
• Three or more years of Drug Development experience obtained while working in the pharmaceutical industry with focus and expertise in gastrointestinal disease required for Director level position or equivalent strong Academic credentials with Industry related experience (Advisory Boards, Regulatory consultancy, participation in clinical trials, etc).
• Experience in designing, monitoring and implementing clinical trials and interpreting trial results, including basic understanding of biostatistics and safety reporting
• An understanding of pharmaceutical industry R&D, particularly of major clinical milestones and of the factors which influence those decision points
• An understanding of the interplay between clinical development and commercial objectives
"Some men see things as they are and say why.
I dream things that never were and say why not."
Robert F. Kennedy
"I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways that do not work, and I do not need to try them again." Thomas Edison
"Life's most urgent question is: what are you doing for others?" Martin Luther King, Jr
"Be the change you want to see in the world" Mahatma Gandhi
As a Scientist Solutions member, you are able to register a positive vote for any topic which you believe is useful and relevant to our board or any reply which you believe is especially well worded and helpful.
By participating in the voting, you will be helping to identify the best topics & replies on the board.
You may vote once for any one post, and you may not vote for your own posts.
A post (topic or reply) will earn one "thumbs up" icon for every 10 votes received (up to 3 thumbs up), and the person who made the post will also earn two bonus points.
learn more about member points.
Become a member & join our
community (It's easy & free)
Already a member? Please log in
|Un puesto de profesor/a titular a tiempo parcial (15%) en el área de la lingüística del español moderno|
UNIVERSIDAD DE AMBERES FACULTAD DE FILOSOFÍA Y LETRAS DEPARTAMENTO DE LINGÜÍSTICA Vacante Un puesto de profesor/a titular a tiempo parcial (15%) en el área de la lingüística del español moderno (Ref. AP/2007/037) Tareas Impartir clases de morf......
|Faculty Positions - Geodesy and Geo-informatics|
Applications are invited from candidates who possess the necessary qualifications in order to fill the following academic posts at the Cyprus University of Technology. 1. Faculty of Engineering And Technology One (1) post at the rank of Professor o......
|Masters / PhD Scholarship - Software Defined Radio Systems|
Applications are invited for a Masters/PhD studentship in the area of interoperability of software defined radio systems. This area of research, led by Dr. Ronan Farrell, as part of substantial ongoing activities in the Institute of Microelectronics and ......
|Professor of Computer Science|
Area: Applied Security (Code F1-070005) "Computer security and reliability" is one of the strategic priorities of the University of Luxembourg. Applied security is intended to complement the current expertise in computer security in the Comput......
|Research Associate - Cancer Communications and Screening|
(Ref:334) Applications are sought for a researcher with a health psychology background to work in the Cancer Research UK Health Behaviour Unit, to contribute to projects on cancer screening, particularly colorectal cancer. The programme is run by Pr......
|Associate Professor / Senior Lecturer - Industrial / Organizational Psychology|
Vacancy No: A329-07J Closing Date: 16 November 2007 The Department of Psychology at the University of Canterbury (New Zealand) invites applications for an appointment at Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer or Lecturer level (approximately equiv......
|Faculty Position - Applied Psychology|
Vacancy No: A330-07J Closing Date: 16 November 2007 The Department of Psychology at the University of Canterbury (New Zealand) invites applications for an appointment at Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer or Lecturer or level (approximately eq......
|Research Associate (fixed-term) - Neuronal Membrane Strain|
The post is funded by a four year EPSRC grant to create a world leading research team whose overriding goal is to exploit creative research based on the most recent discoveries of biological sensory systems. This will involve the design and development o......
|PhD Studentships in the Biophysical Sciences Institute|
These posts are funded by an EPSRC grant to create a world leading research team whose overriding goal is to exploit creative research based on the most recent discoveries of biological sensory systems. This will involve the design and development of new......
|Research Associate - Distributed Sensor Signal Processing|
This post is part of an initiative from the Institute for Digital Communications at Edinburgh to develop a core of theoretical activity in Distributed Sensor Signal Processing. You will be working on the problem of devising and analyzing algorithms to......
|PhD Studentships - Mechanical Engineering (Tribology)|
Imperial College is ranked in the top ten universities of the world, according to the 2006 Times Higher Education Supplement league tables Applications are invited for two research studentships in the field of Tribology, leading to the award of a PhD d......
|Postdoc Position in G Protein Signaling|
POSTDOC POSITION G PROTEIN SIGNALING To study mechanisms of signal amplification, integration and timing in receptor-G protein-effector systems. We work both with purified proteins and in cells. We try to focus on essential mechanisms of s......
|NIH Postdoctoral Position: Cartilage MRI/NMR|
A postdoctoral position is available in the Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy Section (Richard G. Spencer, Chief) of the National Institute on Aging of the National Institutes of Health, located in Baltimore, Maryland. The work will cente......
|Pharmacology / Pharmacokinetics Lecturer / Senior Lecturer|
Charles Sturt University Pharmacology/Pharmacokinetics Lecturer/Associate Lecturer Orange Campus Background The successful applicant will be based in the School of Biomedical Sciences, a well established academic unit in the......
|Assistant Professor, History|
The University of Nevada, Reno History department is seeking a tenure-track Assistant Professor - United States in the World. We seek a scholar who specializes in the history of the United States and its cultural, political, and/or economic interactions......
|Postdoc - Biological Self-Assembly|
A postdoctoral associate position is available funded by NIH to study biological self-assembly at Vanderbilt University. The successful candidate must have a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Biophysics or Computational Biol......
|Postdoc Positions: Biointerfaces (physical chemistry)|
Open Post-doc (12 to 24 months) and Ph-D Positions are available in the field of physical-chemistry of bacterial interactions with their environment. Applicants should have a strong background in physical-chemistry and preferably knowledge in biophy......
|Assistant Professor - Museum Studies and Arts Education|
Museum Studies and Arts Education Assistant Professor Tenure Track Job #: FAC2007-126 Open until filled. Application screening begins: Monday, December 3, 2007 California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB), is a comprehensive public univers......
|Professorship in Marine / Coastal Science and Policy|
James W. Rote Distinguished Professorship in Marine/Coastal Science and Policy Associate or Full Professor, Tenure Track Job #: FAC2007-125 Open until filled. Application screening begins: Friday, January 4, 2008 The Division of Science an......
We wish to recruit an experienced researcher* for two years. The salary of the recruited scientist will be funded by the Transfer of Knowledge programme of the European Union.This person will work at the National Hellenic Research Foundation (NHRF), Ath......