Scientist Solutions: International Life Science Community By Scientists For Scientists

Home » Forums » Antibody Based Technologies » ELISA » ELISA Plates

Thanks to our sponsors who make this site possible

ELISA Plates

RSS Feed

Would you like to save this topic, event, protocol or job so you can find it again easily?

Just click the "Save to My Lab Drawer" link and the item will be saved in the My Lab Drawer section of your bench space.

Available to members only. Please log in or register for your free account now.

dr asif
Pakistan

Send PM
See Mini bio

Frog Egg
Topic Started by dr asif
on 8/25/2005 9:38 AM   
Reply to this post Go to the top of the page

I was using cell culture grade ELISA plates of Corning for sandwich ELISA and my results were not appreciable especially for a specific serotype of Poliovirus. Then i started using Maxisorp NUNC plates and the O.D improved quite well. Can any one guide me or atleast give any scientific reason for that.
I need help in this regard thats why I chose this forum.
Regards

Replies
Galicola
Israel

Send PM
See Mini bio

Tadpole
Posted By Galicola
on 8/28/2005 10:41 AM   

Well, I'm not sure, but i think it has to do with the protein binding capacity of the plates.
For ELISA I usually use Costar 9018 plates, which are high binding.

Fujiwara
United States

Send PM
See Mini bio

Frog Egg
Posted By Fujiwara
on 8/31/2005 15:36 PM   

According to the manufacturer, Maxisorp has better capacity to bind Ab (so you can use in sandwich ELISA). Polysorp plates have better capacity to bind antigens instead, so they are indicated to indirect ELISA.
Of course you can use any plate you want but if you use Maxisorp (in your case) you will get better results and probably lower background.

veracity
Hungary

Send PM
See Mini bio

Frog Egg
Posted By veracity
on 11/6/2007 18:07 PM   

Dear Fujiwara,

"Polysorp plates have better capacity to bind antigens instead"

Antigens are very different in terms of polarity and pKi and so on.
Thyroglobulin and insulin are antigens, but how different they are!
You cannot seriously say antigens in general, its not a help.

Thank you.

As a Scientist Solutions member, you are able to register a positive vote for any topic which you believe is useful and relevant to our board or any reply which you believe is especially well worded and helpful.

By participating in the voting, you will be helping to identify the best topics & replies on the board.

You may vote once for any one post, and you may not vote for your own posts.

A post (topic or reply) will earn one "thumbs up" icon for every 10 votes received (up to 3 thumbs up), and the person who made the post will also earn two bonus points.

learn more about member points.