Seeking a highly motivated and experienced in vivo scientist to join the Oncology research team. The successful candidate will independently design and execute in vivo studies to evaluate new drug candidates in the Oncology portfolio. This will include developing and characterizing mouse models of cancer, running in vivo screening cascades to support lead optimization, and establishing PK/PD/Efficacy relationships in appropriate models to support translation to the clinic. The candidate will work as part of a multi-discipline project team to generate, analyze and communicate data to colleagues and key stakeholders.
* PhD in Pharmacology or related discipline, with 0-2 years post doctoral experience, or an MS with a minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience, preferably in an industry setting.
* Experience in developing and characterizing mouse models of cancer is critical.
* Experience and strong working knowledge of in vivo pharmacology techniques required, including preparation of test compounds, handling and dosing mice, and collection of blood and tissues for PK and PD biomarker analysis.
* Familiarity with pharmacology concepts, including establishing PK/PD relationships from in vitro and in vivo assays, and generating human dose predictions for clinical development.
* Experience with sterile tissue culture, and with basic molecular and cellular biology techniques required.
* Familiarity with advanced models of cancer including primary patient models would be an advantage.
Apply here: http://www.hirelifescience.com/seeker_jobs.aspx?jobsID=429111&jobtitle=Scientist - In-Vivo Pharmacology/Oncology