US-CA-Irvine-Leading Biopharma Company Seeking a Research Scientist with Assay and Gene Knockout Experience
Salary: 55,000.00 - 60,000.00 USD /year Reference Code: 1952420
Job Location: Irvine, CA
Fantastic opportunity for someone with several years of experience in assay development and in gene knockouts looking to join a leading oncogenic and viral therapeutics Biopharma Company in Orange County as a Research Scientist.
The Research Scientist is responsible for helping the Director and the Manager plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's research and development projects. The researcher may be involved:
1) in the development of analytical methods used in the characterization of potential and approved drugs;
2) in the discovery and expression of recombinant proteins using innovative technologies.
The Research Scientist also conducts research to characterize biologicals under development.
JOB REQUIREMENTS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Help the Director and the Manager create new cell lines that can improve the productivity of antibodies and proteins being developed
- Help the Director and the Manager organize and implement the assay development and protein engineering program
- Utilize a diverse array of technologies for the characterization of biologicals being developed
- Coordinate and work on the development and validation of assays for transfer to a Quality Control department or other third party facilities when warranted.
- Work to re-evaluate current assays and improve their performance when warranted.
- Help conduct investigations when warranted by the Materials Review Board or the Corrective Action/Preventive Action Committee.
- Assist in managing research collaborations with third parties at other research sites.
- Advise staff on the feasibility of developing new drug candidates or implementing new technologies.
- Discuss assay development and other scientific issues with third parties, such as manufacturing contractors.
- Continuously update knowledge with respect to the latest technological breakthroughs in assay methods and instrumentation.
- Continuously update knowledge in the fields of molecular and cellular biology particularly pertaining to cancer biology, angiogenesis, nuclear structure and gene expression.
- May be involved in the design and creation of new biologicals as potential therapeutic, diagnostic or research reagents.
- Present project results at conferences and meetings or through the publication of manuscripts in reputable scientific journals.
- Bachelor of Science degree and a minimum of 4 years relevant experience in the development of assays, preferably in an industrial setting; OR a Master of Science degree (Highly Preferred) with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience; OR a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)/ Doctor of Science (DSc) degree with no experience.
- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE GENERATING GENE KNOCK OUTS AND ASSAYING FOR THEIR ABSENCE IN CELLS.
Kelly Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
625 The City Drive, Ste 475
Orange CA 92868