quantitative colocalization

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
taro-yamamoto
taro-yamamoto's picture
quantitative colocalization

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a suggestion for a software that performs quantitative colocalization analysis of confocal immunofluorescence images. Is there any of this kind?

Thanks in advance!

Taro

Fraser Moss
Fraser Moss's picture
Have you tried Image J and
taro-yamamoto
taro-yamamoto's picture
Thanks, I tried Image J and

Thanks, I tried Image J and these plug-ins. All of them require to open 2 images to analyze. I always save a single merged image, so this is not suitable to me. What I am looking for is the program that lets me open a merged image and perform calculations.

Still very much appreciate other related information.

Vadim Zinchuk
Vadim Zinchuk's picture
There is a software called

There is a software called CoLocalizer Pro. It is Mac-only. It does quantitative colocalization analysis and is very user-friendly. It maybe what you need:

http://homepage.mac.com/colocalizerpro/

macbride
macbride's picture
ImagePro was recommended to

ImagePro was recommended to me for colocalization quantification, although I never actually ended up using it. Here's the website of the software maker: http://www.mediacy.com/ THey do say they need separate images. I'm curious as to why you only save hte merge - it would seem to me that you're losing information if you don't save all the images you acquire.

Guy Sovak
Guy Sovak's picture
Hi,

Hi,
I useed ImagePro for several years for everal applications.
It is a good software.

macbride wrote:

ImagePro was recommended to me for colocalization quantification, although I never actually ended up using it. Here's the website of the software maker: http://www.mediacy.com/ THey do say they need separate images. I'm curious as to why you only save hte merge - it would seem to me that you're losing information if you don't save all the images you acquire.
Vadim Zinchuk
Vadim Zinchuk's picture
macbride wrote:ImagePro was

macbride wrote:

ImagePro was recommended to me for colocalization quantification, although I never actually ended up using it. Here's the website of the software maker: http://www.mediacy.com/ THey do say they need separate images. I'm curious as to why you only save hte merge - it would seem to me that you're losing information if you don't save all the images you acquire.

Any quantitative colocalization analysis software takes into consideration 2 images, I think. The only difference is that some programs may need to have 2 of them open, others separate merged images into 2 channels before performing coefficients calculations, users just do not see that.

Vadim Zinchuk
Vadim Zinchuk's picture
taro-yamamoto wrote:Thanks, I

taro-yamamoto wrote:

Thanks, I tried Image J and these plug-ins. All of them require to open 2 images to analyze. I always save a single merged image, so this is not suitable to me. What I am looking for is the program that lets me open a merged image and perform calculations.

Still very much appreciate other related information.

Some interesting info about theoretical basis of quantitative colocalization analysis can be found here:
http://homepage.mac.com/colocalizerpro/colocalization_b.html

Shokufe
Shokufe's picture
hey,

hey,
hmmm, strange!! actually I don't understand your problem, bcz imageJ split a merged image automatically in 2 or 3 separate images after opening the file. Have you tried this button: Image-->color--> RGB split. and when it does not work, then may be you have to check the format of your file you saved your images in. I am afraid that ImageJ is not able to handle with images which have been saved as a picture.

nin1318
nin1318's picture
when i was doing coloc.

when i was doing coloc. analysis, i was looking at pretty distinct structures, so i actually just counted them by eye. that was pretty easy and non-arbitrary.

Vadim Zinchuk
Vadim Zinchuk's picture
nin1318 wrote:when i was

nin1318 wrote:

when i was doing coloc. analysis, i was looking at pretty distinct structures, so i actually just counted them by eye. that was pretty easy and non-arbitrary.

This will easily result in erroneous results, as human eye can`t reliably distinguish pixels with different color components:
http://homepage.mac.com/colocalizerpro/colocalization_b.html

Using a specialized software is the only way to perform these calculations.